Front End Developer
Tech | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
At Runpath, we make finding, applying and using financial products and services easier for our partners and their customers. Since 2009, we’ve built industry leading comparison services and have been defining and building products to assist partners utilise disruptive technologies, like Open Banking. These technologies are being applied to truly revolutionise the financial sector.
In 2017, Runpath were acquired by Experian which provides us with a unique market advantage and accelerated access to credit services. By leveraging market and personal data, our offerings are improving customers' financial quality of life, enabling personalised product comparison and assessing real-time affordability.
We are a close-knit team, specialising in problem solving, interface design and data-platform development. We are passionate about delivering high-quality products and outstanding digital experiences to our customers, achieved through creativity, collaboration, experimentation and continuous learning: our people are at the heart of this. Ultimately, our success is built on passionate, motivated individuals, determined to shape the future of the financial software industry.
Our technology stack of choice is Angular backed by client solutions and platform services all hosted on Azure built using the latest Microsoft .NET technologies: (.NET Core/MVC/Web API/Entity Framework/SQL Azure). We are a .NET shop and like to utilise the latest technologies from ASP.Net and the community (within reason). We are happy with specialisation, so you do not need to be an expert developer at all areas in the stack, but an exposure to and appreciation of the full stack is important.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Front End Developer to join our team here at Runpath.
As a member of our highly experienced technical team you will be helping to deliver cutting edge solutions for a variety of internal and external clients. Specifically, as a Front End Developer, you’ll have a passion for building rich, interactive user experiences for applications that run on multiple devices. Ultimately we’re after someone who is flexible, a fast learner, loves to solve problems and enjoys getting products to market.
- Create exciting and usable user interfaces on both the web and mobile web using Angular, HTML and CSS.
- Work closely with the product development teams (designers, product/project managers, developers and business sponsors) to deliver solutions in an agile environment.
- Deliver functional user experiences that match business requirements and design briefs
- Ensure efficiency of page load speed, page weight, and code simplicity
- Provide accurate technical estimates for development time-frames
- Research interface possibilities and next-generation web/mobile technologies
- As some projects are conducted at client sites, candidates must be happy to travel.
- Extensive Angular experience (exposure to Angular 2 and other SPA frameworks a plus)
- Hand coding XHTML and HTML5, CSS3 and cross-browser compatibility
- CSS pre-processors (SASS)
- Task runners (GULP) experience a plus
- Strong experience of building functional and aesthetically pleasing UIs
- Visual Studio, experience with MVC .NET a plus
- Delivering responsive user experiences using custom media queries or frameworks such as Bootstrap
- jQuery framework and plugins customisation
- Confident in testing for multiple browsers and devices using Developer Tools or similar
- Optimising the code using progressive enhancement and accessibility good practices (WCAG2 AA)
- Agile development methodology
- Experience with version control systems (TFS)
- Test driven development experience (Karma, Protractor)
- Native iOS, Android a plus but not required
- Typescript and ES6 a plus
- Module loaders (System.js or Webpack) a plus
- Template engines (Pug/Jade) a plus
- Outstanding taste. A passion for stunning and seamlessly functional user interfaces
- Someone who loves getting things done
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- Exceptional at collaborating with both technical and non-technical people
- Highly organised with a strong eye for detail
- Good with feedback, continually looking to improve and develop
- Sense of humour
Education and Job Knowledge
- No specific academic qualifications required - all you need is the right experience, the right attitude and a really strong portfolio
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company matched pension contributions under the auto enrolment scheme
- Life assurance of up to 4x your salary
- BUPA private healthcare
- Free breakfast every day
- Quarterly socials (paid for by us)
- Access to free Experian products like CreditExpert and AutoChecker
- A wide range of discounts on anything from phone bills, cinema trips to your weekly shop
To apply, please submit your up-to-date CV and detailed cover letter via this site. Links to recent work or projects are helpful as are any links to personal sites (e.g. LinkedIn profile, blogs etc).
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of race, disability, sex or age, and we confirm that we will gladly accept applications from any persons for this role.
A note to recruitment agencies:
Runpath does not accept unsolicited agency CVs and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.