DIGITAL PRODUCTION ARTIST
Creative Services | Chicago, IL | Full Time
DIGITAL PRODUCTION ARTIST
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our people are passionate about what they do. RPM is a diverse team. Full of creativity, talent, differing points of view and individual experiences. We are an agency dedicated to collaboration, a place where everyone’s opinions and ideas count. We work hard. And ultimately, we believe in giving our clients the service and solutions they deserve.
We are seeking a motivated Digital Production artist to join our growing team. The successful applicant will work directly with the Digital Department on a variety of exciting projects. Applicants must have good foundational knowledge of how creative displays on screens, able to switch gears between different brand guidelines, proof their own work, basic HTML and CSS knowledge and must be enthusiastic about learning new skills.
- Building and resizing HTML5 banners and animated gifs. As well as email production and website updates.
- Works with designer and producer teams to understand project requirements, product placements, and creative/template to be utilized.
- Supports the Digital Creative Team with creative pre-production work, including image optimization/resizing, color correction, and development of basic Web assets.
- Under the direct guidance of Web Developer and Digital A.D., takes on larger Art Director responsibilities to expand working knowledge of brand and process. This includes the development of web assets such as banners, home page graphics, and featured web pages.
- Organize and maintain a heavy workload in a changing fast-paced environment.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
**In order to be considered you must include a link to your portfolio or an attachment of your portfolio**
- Degree achieved, or schooled, in design, or equivalent work experience in digital / ecommerce design.
- 1 year of experience in a related position.
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver (or other text editor), Google Web Designer. Other Adobe CC programs are a plus.
- Working knowledge of image optimization/slicing and HTML development to support email, and banner production process.
- Knowledge of Wordpress or other CMS is a plus.
- Strong desire to learn all areas of web graphics and interactive design.
- Self-starter with the ability to work in large groups or independently.
- Ability to respond to last minute business requests and work under tight timelines.
- Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.