Design Production Artist
Creative Services | Chicago, IL | Full Time
RPM Advertising, a full-service advertising agency is looking for a Design Production Artist with 1-2 years of experience to join our creative team.
A bachelor’s degree in design or other related positions is preferred for the production artist position. Significant course work in graphic design, print production, visual arts or a related field, along with an outstanding portfolio and experience that demonstrates clear knowledge of print production and design, may suffice in the absence of a degree. Please include a link to your portfolio and desired salary range.
A production artist must have a solid knowledge of printing processes and should be adept with software applications such as the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office and PowerPoint, specifically templates. Experience with digital and basic knowledge of HTML 5 is helpful.
A production artist should have ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. These creative professionals should also be process-oriented self-starters. And they must stay up to date with new production techniques and trends through research and education.
- Collaborate closely with art directors, designers and developers
- Prepare final press-ready files based on supplied specifications for several types of printing
- Make various formats of supplied artwork production-ready and resolve any artwork issues that arise during production
- Provide image retouching, clipping paths and additional image manipulation
- Package and preflight files for release to printers or media partners
- Create PDFs for print and client review
- Knowledge of CMYK, printing process, conduct press checks
- Prepare images for online and mobile applications
- Catalog and reference art for future projects
- Follow a development timeline to ensure tasks are being completed on time