Account Management | Chicago, IL | Full Time
RPM Advertising, a full-service agency located in the West Loop is looking for an Account Executive to join the team. The AE purpose is to serve as the primary client contact on day-to-day development and implementation of marketing communications programs.
- Remains knowledgeable at all times about the status of projects and makes sure work is completed accurately and on time and keeps direct supervisor informed of the status of projects and alerts them to any possible problems.
- Works closely with creative and media groups to keep them informed of any changes in client and/or competitive climate.
- Tracks all competitive advertising activity and assists in the preparation of competitive reviews and updates.
- Initiates creative brief development for all assigned projects and reviews with team as appropriate before presenting to client
- Reviews and evaluates all final creative executions with direct supervisor for the purposes of training and development
- Proofs all layouts, copy and mechanicals before presentation to client
- Coordinates and prepares billings and invoicing for clients
- Keeps client informed on status of all projects including completion and distribution of weekly status reports, production timelines or other verbal or written updates
- Requests and coordinates development and client approval of estimates for all client-related projects
- Obtains client approvals in advance of initiating projects, including identification of target dates and budgets
- Works with senior account management staff in preparation of client plans and recommendations
- Advises, motivates and mentors junior team member
- The ability to take action without direction from others; to anticipate and develop solutions to problems while maintaining constructive behavior in the face of adversity and to manage stress and pressure in working through assigned tasks
- Must also be able to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately with others through written and verbal means
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented in a production intensive environment. Position requires significant client contact. Also, must have experience in obtaining feedback from client about presented advertising, as well as in managing other junior team member
- BA required, prefer strong communications background, or concentration in liberal arts for advertising/marketing majors
- 2 to 3 years of agency (preferred) or related communication industry experience that provides an understanding of advertising, marketing, media, creative, production, research, direct marketing, agency, finance, etc.
- Team member must have advanced experience with MS Office with intermediate or higher status with PowerPoint