MANAGER - RAILROAD MAINTENANCE & OPERATIONS
Railroad | Felton, CA | Full Time
Established in 1963, and situated in the Santa Cruz Mountains on 180 acres of old-growth redwood forest, Roaring Camp Inc. is a heritage tourist railroad that offers two unique journeys. The Bear Mountain route offers year around steam train excursions through the old growth redwood forest, while the Santa Cruz Beach Train offers seasonal excursions through the Redwood Forests to the sandy beaches of Santa Cruz.
- Supervise operations related to equipment inspection, maintenance, and repair programs;
- Coordinates the movement, inspection, testing, servicing and repair of locomotives, cars and support vehicles;
- Supervise operations related to maintenance-of-way inspection and repair;
- Work together with Safety and Compliance Manager to implement company safety plan, FRA, EPA, CPUC and DOSH oversight;
- Develop and maintain preventative maintenance program for all railroad support equipment;
- Review inspection reports for assigned equipment, including planned corrective and preventive maintenance, and plan/assign work;
- Ensure all inspection and work order results are properly recorded with attention to conditions found, performance measurements taken/recorded, symptoms noted, and inspections completed and/or deferred;
- Communicate and coordinate daily activities, mechanical issues, safety issues, material issues, etc. with appropriate departments and mechanical team;
- Provide constructive feedback, counsel and motivate employees relative to work performance; provide technical guidance and assistance to employees as needed;
- Conduct safety meetings and implement inspection and mechanical service related safety plans and programs;
- Maintain proper care and use of materials, test equipment, machines and hand tools normally associated with assigned job;
- Develop and maintain budget;
- Collaborate with management to ensure an efficient operation.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have four years related railroad experience or have five years management experience in some other mechanical field.
- Working knowledge of FRA, CPUC and DOSH regulations as it pertains to the railroad industry.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and federal and state regulations.
- Must be able to work any day of the week depending on workload and requirements.
- Vocational school, Associates Degree, or Bachelor's Degree
- Metal fabrication, welding and/or machinist experience desired
- Steam and diesel experience ideal
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Vacation