Accounting | Felton, CA | Full Time
Accounts Receivable/Payroll Clerk
Established in 1963, and situated in the Santa Cruz Mountains on 180 acres of old-growth redwood forest, Roaring Camp Inc. is a heritage tourist railroad that offers two unique journeys. The Bear Mountain excursion offers year around steam train excursions through the old growth redwood forest, while the Santa Cruz Beach Train offers seasonal excursions through the Redwood Forests to the sandy beaches of Santa Cruz.
- Verify and process Point of Sales transactions daily in Microsoft Excel.
- Review all copies of checks received and deposits for appropriate payment allocation.
- Maintains individual records of customer deposits and reconciles deposits monthly.
- Prepare and reconcile all monthly reconciliation reports; submits to Controller at the end of each month.
- Calculate cash receipts from operations and submit to Controller for posting in journals.
- Compile payroll time sheets for weekly payroll in ADP.
- Input weekly payroll in ADP for hourly and salaried employees.
- Prepare and maintain employee payroll files.
- Initiate and complete payroll processing for terminating employees.
- Assist in preparing reports for the financial audits.
- Reconcile monthly report of accounts receivables.
- Process accounts receivable credit billings.
- Communicate and work collaboratively with operations, sales, and marketing.
- Perform related duties as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and accounts receivable.
- Ability to compile, organize and analyze data.
- Detail oriented and able to maintain clean and detailed records.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor's Degree.
- ADP and Microsoft Excel experience.
- Willingness and flexibility to take on other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan