Technical Support Representative
Customer Support | Traverse City, MI | Full Time
Are you looking for a career in a company that provides a professional atmosphere and a culture of openness, trust and respect in a work hard/play hard environment? Would you like to work for a company with a corporate culture that puts people first? Do you love dogs? Do you like playing with Nerf guns? RJG is committed to being fair with our employees and maintaining an environment that encourages personal responsibility. We seek employees who are committed to preserving and enhancing these values. We firmly believe that the highest quality people produce the highest quality products and services; that strong business ethics flow from strong personal ethics; and that responsible people produce exceptional results. If this sounds like an environment where you could excel both personally and professionally, then RJG might be the right place for you.
These positions will be at our RJG corporate and manufacturing facility in beautiful Traverse City, MI. Traverse City is an all-season vacation destination in Northern Michigan nestled on the south end of Grand Traverse Bay near the eastern shore of Lake Michigan. RJG and Traverse City combine for a dream destination for those that seek quality of life and a corporate culture that puts people first.
A full time, regular Technical Support Representative position is available with RJG, Inc. in Traverse City, Michigan. Employees in this position will work 8 AM to 5 PM and perform a variety of complex secretarial/clerical and administrative duties for the customer support team. The primary emphasis is placed upon this individual for relieving the Manager, Senior and Advanced Technicians of administrative details by preparing considerable correspondence, compiling and summarizing data into concise form and preparation of reports. An employee in this classification receives guidance from a supervisor and is expected to exercise considerable tact, discretion and judgment. The employee may be required to train and supervise other clerical personnel.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Answer phone calls and e-mails and supply general RJG information. This may include sales questions about sensor availability, quoting (in the event an account coordinator or another representative is not available) and directing customers to the appropriate individuals within the company based on their question/issue
- Basic Software/Hardware questions
- RMA requests
- Creating and maintaining of CS documentation, PDF manuals, Solid models, customer data/info files
- Proof reading documents and reports
- All other requirements defined by management
- Moderate travel required
High School graduate or equivalent
Certificates and Licenses:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is acceptable with our insurance company
- Mold Print Reading, Mechanical AutoCAD/3D software
- Computer Systems and Computer Networking.
- Electrical Controls
- Injection Molding
- High level of attention to detail with excellent copy editing and proof reading skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate a multi-line phone system
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Ability to manage one’s self and work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to remain calm under trying circumstances and frequent interruptions
- Highly motivated, energetic, and ability to adapt to variety of situations
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Ability to lift or move 20-30 lbs.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- A good sense of humor will be necessary to fit well into our unique culture
- Must love dogs!
RJG is a recognized international leader in injection molding training, technology and resources. RJG provides both general interest and specialized training for injection molding professionals at all levels. Support and training are provided world-wide and at RJG Regional Sales Offices throughout the world and via the Internet. We offer competitive wages, and an exceptional benefit package including company paid Health, Dental and Prescription insurance for the employee and dependents. We offer a minimum of 10 paid holidays per year and paid vacations. We are a profit sharing company.