Software Quality Assurance Tester
Engineering | Traverse City, MI | Full Time
Are you looking for a career in a company that provides a professional atmosphere and a culture of openness, trust and respect in a work hard/play hard environment? Would you like to work for a company with a corporate culture that puts people first? Do you love dogs? Do you like playing with Nerf guns? RJG is committed to being fair with our employees and maintaining an environment that encourages personal responsibility. We seek employees who are committed to preserving and enhancing these values. We firmly believe that the highest quality people produce the highest quality products and services; that strong business ethics flow from strong personal ethics; and that responsible people produce exceptional results. If this sounds like an environment where you could excel both personally and professionally, then RJG might be the right place for you.
This position will be at our RJG corporate training and manufacturing facility in beautiful Traverse City, MI. Traverse City is an all-season vacation destination in Northern Michigan nestled on the south end of Grand Traverse Bay near the eastern shore of Lake Michigan. RJG and Traverse City combine for a dream destination for those that seek quality of life and a corporate culture that puts people first.
RJG is seeking an individual to fill the fulltime position of Software Quality Assurance Tester. This is a fulltime position that will be located at our Traverse City, Michigan location.
- Review and analyze technical requirements, gain a thorough understanding of project scope and create a test plan that is aligned with project parameters and goals
- Excellent Test Plan Documentation Skills
- Good Project Management Skills
- Document test plan results and report testing activity status to the development team
- Evaluate, troubleshoot and test the software in order to detect all errors and bugs and recommend bug fixes
- Install/update software on machines in test environments
- Review technical documentation and maintain knowledge about software releases
- Two Year Associates Degree in Software Development or related field
- Two or more years of demonstrated experience in testing and quality assurance (QA) activities
- Two or more years of demonstrated experience with analyzing requirements, executing and documenting tests and performing manual testing scenarios.
- Experience with executing automated, tool-driven testing scenarios
- Understanding and Knowledge of Networking and Networks
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum processes
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Powershell and Python)
- Basic understanding of Linux OS
- Basic understanding of source control (Git)
- Proven ability to take direction, but work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate to all project members and stakeholders; must be a team player who works well with technical and non-technical resources
- Must be humble, hungry and smart
- A good sense of humor will be necessary to fit well into our unique culture
We are looking for a candidate that will be highly motivated, energetic, and willing and able to adapt to changing conditions. We're looking for a person who is self driven, energetic, detail-oriented, and a quality conscious "team player".
RJG is a recognized international leader in injection molding training, technology and resources. RJG provides both general interest and specialized training for injection molding professionals at all levels. Support and training are provided world-wide and at RJG Regional Sales Offices throughout the world and via the Internet. We offer competitive wages, and an exceptional benefit package including company paid Health, Dental and Prescription insurance for the employee and dependents. We offer a minimum of 10 paid holidays per year and paid vacations. We are a profit sharing company.