Software Quality Assurance Tester
Engineering | Traverse City, MI | Full Time
RJG, Inc. is looking for a qualified Software Quality Assurance Tester to develop and execute exploratory tests to ensure optimum product quality.
The Software Quality Assurance Tester plays a key role in the software development process by analyzing and reviewing requirements as they work within the quality assurance team. The candidate will build Test Cases / Test Plans and bring them from requirements to release by thoroughly testing the implementation in our product life cycle.
The ideal candidate will participate in Sprint activities ranging from planning to review and retrospectives but at the end of the day, you will be working alongside other testers to monitor every stage of the software development lifecycle to identify and resolve software quality issues and ensure our software meets the highest quality of standards.
Reports to: Software Quality Assurance Team Lead
Location: Traverse City, Michigan
Essential Job Functions:
Design and Document
- Gather requirements for testing scenarios and work with product owner(s), development and QA team(s) to estimate testing scenarios.
- Design, develop and implement Test Cases and Test Plans to expand coverage of testing through different software layers aside from the user interface (Web Services, REST API, etc.).
- Document Test Cases and Test Plans; taking results and reporting the status to the business.
Test and Evaluate
- Evaluate, troubleshoot and test the software in order to detect all errors and bugs and recommend necessary bug fixes.
- Review technical documentation and maintain knowledge about software releases.
- Install and update software on machines in test environments.
- Occasionally provide documentation and necessary work instructions for new software features to the customer support team as needed.
- Occasionally provide technical support resources to field agents on the software that we test as it goes through Alpha / Beta / Release cycles.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Associates Degree or relevant work experience in Computer Information Systems or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Self-motivated and a collaborative team player.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of networking and networks.
- Basic understanding of Linux OS.
- Experience in software development and / or quality assurance would be beneficial.
- Background in customer / technical support and troubleshooting is beneficial.
- Experience working within SDLC frameworks such as Agile/Scrum/Kanban would be beneficial.
- Experience using source control management software (Git, SVN, etc.) would be beneficial.
- Basic understanding of scripting languages (Bash, PowerShell and Python) would be beneficial.
- Experience in automated testing would be beneficial.
- Genuine curiosity and a customer-focused mentality.
- Highly motivated, energetic and self-driven.
- Willing and able to adapt to changing conditions or priorities.
- A detail oriented, quality conscious team player.
- A good sense of humor is needed to fit into our work culture.
Work Environment: Office setting
Physical Demands: Bending, sitting, walking, occasional lifting, occasional driving
Travel Expectations: Approximately 10% travel. Must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is acceptable with our insurance company.
What We Do:
RJG is a recognized international leader in the plastic injection molding industry, helping molders and their customers be successful by providing them with training, technology, and resources. We provide our products and services through RJG Regional Sales Offices throughout the world and via the Internet. www.rjginc.com
Who We Are:
Are you looking for a career in a company that provides a professional atmosphere and a culture of openness, trust and respect in work hard/play hard environment.? Would you like to work for a company with a corporate culture that strives to treat team members as family and is focused on customer success? Would you enjoy living in an area that has been nationally recognized for its scenic beauty, amazing food and popular festivals and events? If you don’t mind an occasional dog roaming the hallways and seeing a spontaneous nerf gun fight break-out, you’ll enjoy our work environment!
What We Believe
RJG is committed to being fair to our employees and maintaining an environment that encourages personal responsibility. We seek employees who are committed to preserving and enhancing these values. We firmly believe that the highest quality people produce the highest quality products and services; that strong business ethics flow from strong personal ethics, and that responsible people produce exceptional results. If this sounds like an environment where you could excel both personally and professionally, then RJG might be the right place for you.
Pay and Benefits:
We offer competitive wages, and an exceptional benefit package including company paid Health, Dental and Prescription insurance for the employee and dependents. We offer a minimum of 10 paid holidays per year and paid vacations. We are a profit-sharing company.