Production | Traverse City, MI | Full Time
In this position you will be responsible for all incoming and outgoing packages which includes quality checking for accuracy, completion of all data entry, documentation and distribution. You will be responsible for some light building maintenance and will help support the production team as needs arise.
Reports to: Shipping/Receiving Supervisor
Location: Traverse City, MI
Essential Job Functions:
Process outgoing shipments:
- Accurately package and ship outgoing customer orders
- Create shipping labels and tracking information using FedEx, UPS, or DHL programs
- Create customer invoices and enter data (serial numbers) in Sage Accounting software
- Create Bills of Lading through applicable carrier/broker for secure pallet transport
- Prepare customs documents which include AES Direct, USMCA certificates, or other/ temporary invoices
- Assign HTS codes for specific international shipments
Process incoming shipments:
- Accurately receive and store inventory
- Deliver various packages that are non-inventory to proper locations
- Properly perform receipt of goods entry in Sage Accounting software
- Work with purchasing department to resolve any receiving discrepancies
Building Maintenance and Additional tasks
- Prep work for production
- External Maintenance (Snow removal, etc.)
- Internal Maintenance (Change light bulbs, reconfigure office spaces, etc.)
- Work closely with other departments to coordinate shipments that have special requirements such as trade show equipment, class materials, etc.
- Research and supply tracking/shipment details for various departments and RJG®’s foreign entities
- Work closely with RJG®’s foreign entities to address required changes for international shipments.
- Work closely with purchasing/front office to coordinate incoming shipments and receipt of goods.
Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement
- Implement Lean Manufacturing
- Support Team in Lean Projects
- Share Ideas for Continuous Improvement
Performs other job duties as assigned
- High school diploma/GED
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Accurate/strong typing skills
- Experience with UPS, FedEx, Sage 100, Zoho, and AES software is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs is a plus
- Experience in manufacturing and/or shipping is beneficial/preferred
- Quality conscious and detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Must be a team player
- Ability to manage multiple projects and respond to changing priorities as needed
- A good sense of humor will be necessary to fit well into our unique culture
Work Environment: Electronics Manufacturing setting (ESD area), occasional exposure to loud noises and some outdoor work in heat and cold.
Physical Demands: Bending, sitting, seeing, walking, talking, time at desk doing computer work, shoveling snow, climbing a ladder, heavy lifting up to 110 Lbs., occasional driving
Travel Expectations: On rare occasion travel may be required (1%).
Are you looking for a career in a company that provides a professional atmosphere and a culture of openness, trust and respect in a work hard/play hard environment? Would you like to work for a company with a corporate culture that puts people first? Do you love dogs? Do you like playing with Nerf guns? RJG is committed to being fair with our employees and maintaining an environment that encourages personal responsibility. We seek employees who are committed to preserving and enhancing these values. We firmly believe that the highest quality people produce the highest quality products and services; that strong business ethics flow from strong personal ethics; and that responsible people produce exceptional results. If this sounds like an environment where you could excel both personally and professionally, then RJG might be the right place for you.
This position will be at our RJG corporate training and manufacturing facility in beautiful Traverse City, MI. Traverse City is an all-season vacation destination in Northern Michigan nestled on the south end of Grand Traverse Bay near the eastern shore of Lake Michigan. RJG and Traverse City combine for a dream destination for those that seek quality of life and a corporate culture that puts people first.