Regional Account Manager - North East Territory
Sales | Traverse City, MI | Full Time
RJG is a recognized international leader in injection molding training, technology and resources. RJG provides both general interest and specialized training for injection molding professionals at all levels. Support and training are provided world-wide at RJG Regional Sales Offices throughout the world and via the Internet. RJG provides data acquisition software and hardware as well as sensor technology to help our customers improve injection molding processes, produce less scrap, maintain high quality and manage their facilities.
The Regional Account Manager will work closely with his/her team to deliver the best solution of equipment, training and service that fits the customers needs to make them successful. The regional team consists of a Regional Manager, Consultant Trainer, Customer Support Technician and Account Coordinator. This position requires extensive travel within the region and occasionally outside of the region. The North East territory includes: Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia and West Virginia.
- Responsibilities include developing new and existing customer relationships
- Working closely with our Engineering and Technical Support departments on customer applications
- Providing technical sales presentations regarding RJG’s products and services
- Providing field support and service to customers
- Must attend Regional and National trade shows
- Develop new marketing and sales ideas
- Attendance at meetings in Traverse City, MI is requested 2 to 4 times per year
- Extensive travel primarily within the area of the sales territory
- Continuous prospecting to grow customer base in the region
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of five years of successful field sales experience.
- Good understanding of plastic injection process development and monitoring
- Experience using cavity pressure data
- An understanding of the plastic injection molding process and RJG is essential
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience with capital equipment sales is a plus
Certificates and Licenses:
- Applicant must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record which is acceptable to our insurance company
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, energetic, and willing to adapt to changing conditions
- Great organizational, communication, computer, and troubleshooting skills.
- High level of professionalism, self-driven, energetic, detail-oriented, and a quality conscious "team player"
- We are looking for an enthusiastic, dependable, quality conscious individual with excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A good sense of humor and laughing will be necessary to fit well into our unique culture.
- Must love dogs
We offer competitive wages, and an exceptional benefit package including company paid Health, Dental and Prescription insurance for the employee and dependents. Regional Account Managers receive quarterly performance bonuses up to 10% of annual salary, commissions, a company laptop computer, company paid cell phone and mileage reimbursements. We offer a minimum of 10 paid holidays per year and paid vacations. We are a profit sharing company.