Hardware Design Engineer
Engineering | Traverse City, MI | Full Time
You’ll be playing a key role in the design, installation, testing and maintenance of electronic devices for a recognized international leader in the plastics molding industry. The devices you create will help our customers increase their quality, be more efficient and provide a better service.
Reports to: Hardware Team Lead
Location: Traverse City, Michigan
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop hardware and circuit designs according to specific requirements.
- Design interfaces to a variety of sensing technologies.
- You will work closely with product owners, software team, quality manager, and production to create successful solutions to customer problems.
- Assist in product testing to ensure compliance with international and domestic standards.
- Work with quality department in the development of testing and calibration systems.
- You will be responsible for creating detailed documentation of your work.
- You will be responsible for working with technical writers to ensure customer success.
- You will develop documentation to aid in the building, testing, and troubleshooting of products.
- You will provide technical support for troubleshooting in the field.
- You will on occasion travel to customers to help troubleshoot and improve products.
- Experience with schematic capture, PCB layout, and circuit simulation software such as NI Multisim and NI Ultiboard.
- Knowledge of various sensor technologies and signal conditioning approaches.
- You must stay up to date on changes in technology and have a willingness and ability to explore new technologies in order to solve problems efficiently.
- Candidate should possess strong systematic development and trouble shooting skills.
- Candidate should possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You will need to clearly articulate ideas to peers and non-technical colleagues and customers.
- The ability to work with others in a collaborative manner is extremely important to succeed in this role.
Quality of Work:
- Qualified candidates should possess a strong desire to produce quality designs that will provide RJG customers with a strong ROI.
- Minimum of a B.S. in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Position recommends 3+ years of experience in schematic and PCB related design and testing.
- Knowledge of Lean development principles.
- Knowledge of RJG products and injection molding is helpful. Training is available.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple activities
- The ideal candidate will be professional, highly motivated, energetic, and willing to adapt to changing conditions.
- Self-driven, detail-oriented, and a quality conscious "team player".
- A good sense of humor will be necessary to fit well into our unique culture.
Work Environment: Office setting with occasional remote work site opportunity
Physical Demands: Bending, sitting, walking, occasional lifting, occasional driving
Travel Expectations: Minimal travel to customers, 5% or less.
What We Do:
RJG is a recognized international leader in the plastic injection molding industry, helping molders and their customers be successful by providing them with training, technology, and resources. We provide our products and services through RJG Regional Sales Offices throughout the world and via the Internet. www.rjginc.com
Who We Are:
Are you looking for a career in a company that provides a professional atmosphere and a culture of openness, trust and respect in work hard/play hard environment.? Would you like to work for a company with a corporate culture that strives to treat team members as family and is focused on customer success? Would you enjoy living in an area that has been nationally recognized for its scenic beauty, amazing food and popular festivals and events? If you don’t mind an occasional dog roaming the hallways and seeing a spontaneous nerf gun fight break-out, you’ll enjoy our work environment!
What We Believe
RJG is committed to being fair to our employees and maintaining an environment that encourages personal responsibility. We seek employees who are committed to preserving and enhancing these values. We firmly believe that the highest quality people produce the highest quality products and services; that strong business ethics flow from strong personal ethics, and that responsible people produce exceptional results. If this sounds like an environment where you could excel both personally and professionally, then RJG might be the right place for you.
Pay and Benefits:
We offer competitive wages, and an exceptional benefit package including company paid Health, Dental and Prescription insurance for the employee and dependents. We offer a minimum of 10 paid holidays per year and paid vacations. We are a profit sharing company.