Your browser cookies must be enabled in order to apply for this job. Please contact support@jobscore.com if you need further instruction on how to do that.

Engineering Manager

Engineering | Traverse City, MI | Full Time

Job Description

About Us:

Are you looking for a career in a company that provides a professional atmosphere and a culture of openness, trust and respect in a work hard/play hard environment?  Would you like to work for a company with a corporate culture that puts people first?  Do you love dogs?  Do you like playing with Nerf guns?   RJG is committed to being fair with our employees and maintaining an environment that encourages personal responsibility. We seek employees who are committed to preserving and enhancing these values. We firmly believe that the highest quality people produce the highest quality products and services; that strong business ethics flow from strong personal ethics; and that responsible people produce exceptional results.  If this sounds like an environment where you could excel both personally and professionally, then RJG might be the right place for you. 

This position will be at our RJG corporate training and manufacturing facility in beautiful Traverse City, MI.  Traverse City is an all-season vacation destination in Northern Michigan nestled on the south end of Grand Traverse Bay near the eastern shore of Lake Michigan.  RJG and Traverse City combine for a dream destination for those that seek quality of life and a corporate culture that puts people first.

Responsibilities:

RJG is seeking to fill a full time Engineering Manager position at our Traverse City, Michigan location.  The Engineering Manager will ensure high quality, on schedule development of software and hardware products for our customers. Approximately 75% of our staff is focused on software development.  The remaining 25% is focused on hardware and sensors.

  • Builds and maintains a high-performance team by recruiting, orienting, training, coaching, and inspiring each individual on the team; setting job expectations and desired outcomes; planning and reviewing compensation; guiding professional growth plans; encouraging the next generation of leadership at RJG.

  • Improves existing internal processes and creates new processes as needed to maximize the efficiency of the team and the efficiency of cross-functional collaboration with other areas of the company

  • Communicates outward to the company regarding status of the team and their projects.  Communicates inward to the team regarding objectives outside of engineering and how they fit with engineering.  Must be able to simplify technical concepts for explanation to non-engineers, and to explain business concepts to the engineering team in a way that inspires and guides them.

  • Manages the overall engineering competence of RJG by guiding and growing the team and by researching new technologies and trends in the industry.

  • Has knowledge of system architecture and design to help ensure our products meet current customer needs and can be maintained and scaled as the market changes.

  • Manages department forecasting and budgets.

Requirements:

Education/Experience:

  • Qualified candidates will possess a four-year degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience

  • Scrum and Dev Ops experience

  • Outsourcing development

  • Industry experience

  • Industry 4.0 experience

  • Multi-national experience

  • Lean startup experience would be helpful

  • Voice of the Customer skills are plus

  • Project management skills

Other Qualifications: 

  • Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and help others
  • Solid judgment and problem-solving ability
  • Strong organizational skills
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
  • The position will include occasional travel.  Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and a driving record which is acceptable to our insurance company
  • Must be humble, hungry and smart
  • A good sense of humor will be necessary to fit well into our unique culture
  • Must love dogs!

 

Perks:

RJG is a recognized international leader in injection molding training, technology and resources. RJG provides both general interest and specialized training for injection molding professionals at all levels. Support and training are provided world-wide and at RJG Regional Sales Offices throughout the world and via the Internet.  We offer competitive wages, and an exceptional benefit package including company paid Health, Dental and Prescription insurance for the employee and dependents.  We offer a minimum of 10 paid holidays per year and paid vacations.  We are a profit sharing company.