Electronics Assembly Technician
Production | Traverse City, MI | Full Time
Job Summary/Objective: In this position you will complete repetitive electro-mechanical assembly and calibrations following established processes. Work will be completed primarily as part of a team in a fast-paced manufacturing setting to assemble, calibrate, and test RJG®’s electronic products. Some independent work will be necessary. You will work closely with your team to continuously improve processes.
Reports to: Production Manager
Location: Traverse City, MI
Essential Job Functions:
- Work as part of a work-cell to assemble, calibrate, and test electronics
- Work independently as needed outside of work cells
- Detailed soldering of circuit boards, components, and wires
- Light mechanical assembly using handheld tools
- Sensor calibration using automated calibration machines
- Verify product sizes, models, and cable lengths to the client order
Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement
- Implement Lean Manufacturing
- Support Team in Lean Projects
- Share Ideas for Continuous Improvement
- Attend morning huddle and departmental meetings
- Participate in departmental and company-wide training
- Share changes in process or procedure with team mates as it becomes available
- Keep procedures updated
Performs other job duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic Computer skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook
- Excellent verbal communication skills – Must be a good listener
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proficiency with soldering small electronics
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel)
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts a plus
- Production environment experience helpful
- Dependable, detail oriented and quality conscious
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Able to self-manage time and multiple priorities
- Able to communicate effectively and tactfully with internal team members
- A good problem solver, willingness to learn and ask questions
- A good sense of humor will be helpful in fitting in with our unique culture
Work Environment: Electronic Manufacturing setting (ESD area)
Physical Demands: Bending, sitting, seeing, standing, walking, talking, and extended periods of time at desk/rigs doing computer work.
Travel Expectations: On the rare occasion travel may be required (1%)
What We Do:
RJG builds sensors and proprietary, high speed data acquisition systems for plastic injection molding processes. RJG is a recognized international leader in injection molding training, technology and resources. RJG provides both general interest and specialized training for injection molding professionals at all levels. Support and training are provided world-wide and at RJG Regional Sales Offices throughout the world and via the Internet.
Who We Are:
Are you looking for a career in a company that provides a professional atmosphere and a culture of openness, trust and respect in a work hard/play hard environment? Would you like to work for a company with a corporate culture that puts people first? Do you love dogs? Do you like playing with Nerf guns?
RJG is committed to being fair with our employees and maintaining an environment that encourages personal responsibility. We seek employees who are committed to preserving and enhancing these values. We firmly believe that the highest quality people produce the highest quality products and services; that strong business ethics flow from strong personal ethics; and that responsible people produce exceptional results. If this sounds like an environment where you could excel both personally and professionally, then RJG might be the right place for you.
Pay and Benefits:
We offer competitive wages, and an exceptional benefit package including company paid Health, Dental and Prescription insurance for the employee and dependents. We offer a minimum of 10 paid holidays per year and paid vacations. We are a profit-sharing company.