Consulting/Training | Traverse City, MI | Full Time
A regular, full-time Consultant/Trainer position is available with RJG, Inc. The Consultant/Trainer will provide training and consulting services at the RJG Traverse City, Michigan facility or at customer facilities.
Reports to: Consulting/Training Manager (Gary Chastain)
Location: Traverse City Michigan
Essential Job Functions:
- Shares training responsibility in Traverse City, Michigan and as needed in other locations
- Seminar length may range from 3 business days to 10 business days
- Provide assistance to customers in regards to processing, tooling or training solutions.
- Developing Resolutions for customer problems
- Meeting with decision makers during training events or consulting events
- Facilitate communications between internal and external stakeholders as needed related to all aspects of the training cycle
- Attend team meetings
- Attend bi-annual departmental development weeks
- Supply feedback on current course content and supply improvements.
- Develop potential new course content.
- Contribute to written articles
- Submit any associated paperwork for training event. Including tests, attendance records and trip reports
- Qualified candidates will have 10+ years of experience in Injection Molding
- Must have experience as a trainer or possess teaching skills
- Master Molder I and II Certificates
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal communication skills - Must be a good listener
- Excellent written communication skills – typing speed/accuracy/grammar/spelling/punctuation.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; able to identify problem and root cause to recommend an appropriate customer solution.
- Knowledge of RJG equipment and software
- Strong background in tool design, part design, solid model and flow analysis would be helpful
- Strong background in DOE and eDART® knowledge
- Knowledge of LSR molding
- Knowledge of how to implement RJG product and training
- Train the Trainer Certificate
- Strategic and innovative
- Comfortable communicating with individuals or groups at any level of an organization
- Able to self-manage time and priorities
- Professional, honest and tactful
- A team player
- Good follow up habits
- A good sense of humor is needed to fit into our work culture
Work Environment: Primarily classroom and injection molding training lab. Occasionally training will be held in customer facilities or other public locations.
Physical Demands: Bending, sitting, walking, occasional lifting, occasional driving
Travel Expectations: Approximately up to 70% travel. Must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is acceptable with our insurance company.
What We Do:
RJG is a recognized international leader in the plastic injection molding industry, helping molders and their customers be successful by providing them with training, technology, and resources. We provide our products and services through RJG Regional Sales Offices throughout the world and via the Internet. www.rjginc.com
Who We Are:
Are you looking for a career in a company that provides a professional atmosphere and a culture of openness, trust and respect in work hard/play hard environment.? Would you like to work for a company with a corporate culture that strives to treat team members as family and is focused on customer success? Would you enjoy living in an area that has been nationally recognized for its scenic beauty, amazing food and popular festivals and events? If you don’t mind an occasional dog roaming the hallways and seeing a spontaneous nerf gun fight break-out, you’ll enjoy our work environment!
What We Believe
RJG is committed to being fair to our employees and maintaining an environment that encourages personal responsibility. We seek employees who are committed to preserving and enhancing these values. We firmly believe that the highest quality people produce the highest quality products and services; that strong business ethics flow from strong personal ethics, and that responsible people produce exceptional results. If this sounds like an environment where you could excel both personally and professionally, then RJG might be the right place for you.
Pay and Benefits:
We offer competitive wages, and an exceptional benefit package including company paid Health, Dental and Prescription insurance for the employee and dependents. We offer a minimum of 10 paid holidays per year and paid vacations. We are a profit sharing company.