VP of Product Management
Product Management | East Bay, CA | Full Time
Ripcord is the world's first robotic paper digitization company. We’re going after the outmoded, but very large paper records market (think, medical records, company HR records, company financial records, legal case files, etc). For 30 years the world has been talking about the paperless office, but have yet to realize it. Our mission is to be the company that takes the world paperless. We are doing this by building a first of its kind robotic machine and software platform that will completely transform the records management market.
We are a well funded startup backed by reputable investors such as Icon Ventures, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, LUX Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank. Our seed investors and advisors include Steve Wozniak, Bruce Scott, Chris C Kemp and Jon Callas.
We respect and look after one another at Ripcord. We want everyone to feel supported, safe, free to innovate and take risks that result in breakthroughs that challenge the status quo. Crazy ideas are welcome here! Our team is fun, driven, and energetic. Every day we work with industrial robots, computer vision systems, and a diverse stack of software tools to tie it all together. We play VR, fly drones, and eat too much bacon.
About the Role:
Ripcord is looking for a highly qualified VP of Product to help drive our mission to build robots that digitize your records and make them accessible anywhere, anytime. If you’re an engaged, interactive product visionary who champions the customer experience, apply with us today.
The successful candidate has firsthand experience launching products and services and leading cross-functional teams to market delivery. As VP of Product, you’ll be directly responsible for owning the company’s overall product roadmap.
- Define and maintain product strategy, roadmap, and execution plan
- Develop and implement strategies to maximize the product line profit and revenue
- Work closely with the executive team, Engineering, Marketing, and Sales to develop and maintain a 3- to 5-year strategic product plan
- Define and maintain 18-month strategic roadmap for internal and external consumption
- Coordinate 6-month execution plan with Marketing, Engineering, Sales
- Develop competitive marketing and pricing positioning relative to the product line
- Provide business cases for new and existing products to determine feasibility
- Define business requirements and work closely with Engineering team to create solutions and features that best leverage our technology and existing products
- Work with stakeholders to guide the release or launch of new products or product innovations
- Provide market analysis including trends and competitive analysis
- Work closely with Marketing to generate outbound messaging that will guide the development of marketing collateral, white papers, presentations, and demo materials
- Develop and deliver persuasive presentations including executive, analyst, and press briefings, industry events, webcasts, and trade shows
The ideal candidate is well rounded in all aspects of product development with at least 10 years’ experience in high-technology product management (SAAS, records management, content management). Although you will have a team that directly reports to you and will be surrounded by some of the most incredible software engineers and marketing professionals in the industry, this is absolutely a hands-on position.
You should have deep, direct experience in:
- User interviews
- Product definition
- Use case development
- Writing specifications
- Articulating—and internally evangelizing—a long-term product strategy
- Directly managing projects and timeline across multiple departments.
- Communicating with executive management teams, engineering teams, and business partners, with an ability to articulate the right level of detail and knowledge to each audience group, both in written and verbal form
- Stock options
- Gym & VR room
- Commuting benefits
- 100% of healthcare premiums are covered!