Product Management | East Bay, CA | Full Time
Ripcord is the world's first robotic paper digitization company. We’re going after the outmoded, but very large paper records market (think, medical records, company HR records, company financial records, legal case files, etc). For 30 years the world has been talking about the paperless office, but have yet to realize it. Our mission is to be the company that takes the world paperless. We are doing this by building a first of its kind robotic machine and software platform that will completely transform the records management market.
Our headquarters and production facility are in Hayward, CA. We have also have a co-working space in San Francisco.
We are a well-funded startup backed by reputable investors such as Icon Ventures, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, LUX Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank. Our seed investors and advisors include Steve Wozniak, Bruce Scott, Chris C Kemp, and Jon Callas.
We respect and look after one another at Ripcord. We want everyone to feel supported, safe, free to innovate and take risks that result in breakthroughs that challenge the status quo. Crazy ideas are welcome here! Our team is fun, driven, and energetic. Every day we work with industrial robots, computer vision systems, and a diverse stack of software tools to tie it all together.
We are building the best possible experience across all user personas, from our operations floor UIs, which are used by internal employees, to our SaaS Cloud repository, which we call Canopy. We are looking for a smart creative who will help us achieve our goal of a clean, elegant and powerful user experiences across all parts of the Ripcord value chain. You will get to work on user interfaces ranging from tightly integrated with robots and hardware to software that needs to help people in finding that one document amongst thousands, and making that finding-a-needle-in-a-haystack journey as delightful as possible!
Who Will Love This Position
- You love rethinking solved problems and proposing new ideas
- You crave the opportunity for blue-sky thinking and are a dreamer
- You are hybrid designer and love all aspects of design - from ideation to prototyping and user testing, jumping seamlessly between tools like Balsamiq, Sketch, Illustrator and Principle to bring your creations to life
- You will lead projects from inception through execution, partnering with cross-functional teams to develop wonderful experiences
- You will stay abreast of the latest design trends, and help direct the product designs based on the most relevant and wow-factor inducing interactions
- You will learn and understand our customers and our product domain deeply
- You will ideate with the product management team on product features, and through iterative exploration of wire framing, prototyping and testing will develop breathtaking designs
- You will put our users first, and understand their objectives and mental models to develop the right information architecture and interaction design for every design
- You will develop Ripcord’s internal visual design language, including color palette, typography, icon design and component library
- You will create fluid transitions within the product to remove the tedium from user flows
- You will draw from a variety of tools to conduct user studies to discover product opportunities and perform user tests to validate product ideas and designs
Qualifications, Education, Years of Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of experience in UX Design at a product company
- Experience in building beautiful designs for complex products with a portfolio demonstrating this
- Comfort with a wide range of design tools including Balsamiq, Sketch, Invision, Figma, Principle, Adobe CC
- You are a self-starter who loves to understand the pain points of users and is not afraid of ambiguity or diving into details
- Experience creating multiple designs from scratch to explore possibilities in rapid, iterative fashion
- Experience creating flexible designs over multiple form factors - desktop/browser and mobile
- Experience creating native iOS and Android designs
- You must have great taste and high standards for design
- Experience at a successful startup
- Experience working on consumer and enterprise products
- Experience with Material Design
- Experience creating and maintaining on a style guide or design system
- Experience creating transitions in tools such as Principle and After Effects
- Experience with print design
- Stock options
- 100% of healthcare premiums are covered for you and all dependents!
- Great vision & dental insurance
- Free gym & refreshments on-site
- Commuting benefits
- Comprehensive leave policy
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Ripcord, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it. Ripcord is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce at all job levels. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.