IT | East Bay, CA | Full Time
Ripcord is the world's first robotic paper digitization company. We’re going after the outmoded, but very large paper records market (think, medical records, company HR records, company financial records, legal case files, etc). For 30 years the world has been talking about the paperless office, but have yet to realize it. Our mission is to be the company that takes the world paperless. We are doing this by building a first of its kind robotic machine and software platform that will completely transform the records management market.
Our headquarters and production facility are in Hayward, CA. We have also have a co-working space in San Francisco.
We are a well-funded startup backed by reputable investors such as Icon Ventures, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, LUX Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank. Our seed investors and advisors include Steve Wozniak, Bruce Scott, Chris C Kemp, and Jon Callas.
We respect and look after one another at Ripcord. We want everyone to feel supported, safe, free to innovate and take risks that result in breakthroughs that challenge the status quo. Crazy ideas are welcome here! Our team is fun, driven, and energetic. Every day we work with industrial robots, computer vision systems, and a diverse stack of software tools to tie it all together.
This role is responsible for all hardware and software systems, ranging from standard office applications to our internal software production environment, as well as networking, and front-line software and hardware. On a daily basis, you will be responsible for ensuring the network is operating, reliable and safe as well as making sure your customers – the users – are having their needs met and any help desk issues are taken care of quickly. You will also be responsible for managing and implementing special projects.
The person we’re looking for prioritizes making things happen and dedicates themselves to supporting their fellow employees. We want someone who is passionate about IT, is self-motivated, and who will find clever ways of helping us work better together. This is an individual contributor role.
Who Will Love This Position
- People who like a wide range of responsibilities from the strategic to the tactical, with a heavy focus on daily execution
- Someone who wants a standalone, highly visible IT role with a growing company
- Provide general desktop support to employees: help with all employee technology issues, buy gear, and assist new hires with a laptop set up
- Coach end-users on existing and new software/hardware including authentication issues
- Troubleshoot A/V issues in conference rooms
- Maintain (and sometimes run) A/V for company events and meetings
Software, Hardware, and Tools
- Manage our internal applications and tools (Okta, Slack, Confluence, G-Suite, etc.)
- Install, configure, and monitor computer hardware operating systems, applications, and networks
- Track assets, inventory, and warranties and coordinate authorized repair or replacement
Security, System Administration, and Special Projects
- Monitor server infrastructure to ensure availability to all system users and services
- Create successful security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Identify threats and implement up-to-date patch management systems to remediate vulnerabilities
- Oversee and determine timeframes for major IT projects
- Help build and audit our annual IT budget
Qualifications, Education, Years of Experience & Skills
- 3+ years supporting diverse IT systems, processes and capabilities
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Extensive knowledge of desktop technologies: Windows, Mac, email, virus/malware, phone configurations
- Experience with one or more patching platforms (SCCM, Solarwinds, JAMPF, ManageEngine)
- Experience with G-suite, Active Directory, VMWare, DNS
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and handle several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to understand and communicate technical requirements and issues to business partners and Ripcord employees at all levels
- B.S. in Information Technology, Computer Science or similar
- Stock options
- 100% of healthcare premiums are covered for you and all dependents!
- Great vision & dental insurance
- Free gym & refreshments on-site
- Commuting benefits
- Comprehensive leave policy
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Ripcord, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it. Ripcord is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce at all job levels. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.