Engineering | East Bay, CA | Full Time
Ripcord is the world's first robotic paper digitization company. We’re going after the outmoded, but very large paper records market (think, medical records, company HR records, company financial records, legal case files, etc). For 30 years the world has been talking about the paperless office, but have yet to realize it. Our mission is to be the company that takes the world paperless. We are doing this by building a first of its kind robotic machine and software platform that will completely transform the records management market.
Our headquarters and production facility are in Hayward, CA. We have also have a co-working space in San Francisco.
We are a well-funded startup backed by reputable investors such as Icon Ventures, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, LUX Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank. Our seed investors and advisors include Steve Wozniak, Bruce Scott, Chris C Kemp, and Jon Callas.
We respect and look after one another at Ripcord. We want everyone to feel supported, safe, free to innovate and take risks that result in breakthroughs that challenge the status quo. Crazy ideas are welcome here! Our team is fun, driven, and energetic. Every day we work with industrial robots, computer vision systems, and a diverse stack of software tools to tie it all together.
A software engineer on the Automation team will develop and maintain the applications used in the robotic digitization of paper documents. This role also involves developing the core infrastructure that will serve as the foundation of the automation software stack.
In this role, the candidate will collaborate with other teammates to implement solutions to problems that impact the company’s top software engineering priorities. They will also introduce, assess, and implement new technologies that will help the company scale its existing software solutions.
Engineers in this position have solid programming fundamentals, are willing to learn new technologies, and can work effectively with a team.
Who Will Love This Position
- Top performers who are able to drive features from inception to deployment
- Curious and creative individuals who are able to apply the right technologies and solutions to complex problems
- Strong coders who have a passion for organization and documentation
- Team players who want to mentor others
- Develop and maintain software systems that support the robotic digitization of paper
- Optimize software processes to increase machine throughput
- Peer review code for accuracy and style
- Architect and plan new features and systems
Qualifications, Education, Years of Experience & Skills:
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD and 4+ years of software development experience
- Experience with C#, Java, Python or another object-oriented language
- Familiarity with Jira, Git and agile development methodology
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Expertise in developing APIs (REST, gRPC, etc)
- Experience with service-oriented architecture
- Microservice development
- Experience with distributed messaging services (SQS or Kafka)
- Experience building cloud solutions for AWS, GCP, Azure, etc
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kabana (ELK) Stack
- Experience with building and deploy systems (Azure DevOps, Chef / Inspec, Terraform, Docker, and Kubernetes)
- Stock options
- 100% of healthcare premiums are covered for you and all dependents!
- Great vision & dental insurance
- Free gym & refreshments on-site
- Commuting benefits
- Comprehensive leave policy
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Ripcord, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it. Ripcord is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce at all job levels. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.