Senior UI Engineer
Engineering | Hayward, CA | Full Time
Ripcord is the world’s leading robotics digitization company, combining hardware and software robotics to process and digitize paper-based records via an Integrated SaaS offering. Focused on smart robotics digitization, smart content management with AI and helping better enable RPA and business processes.
Ripcord is transforming the $62 billion records management, RPA, MPS, and ECM space through robots that scan, index and categorize paper records, making them searchable in the cloud and integrated into existing business processes and enabling RPA. Ripcord is based in California and has raised $110 million from leading investors including CDK Global, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Baidu, Lux Capital, Silicon Valley Bank, Steve Wozniak, Legend Star, and Icon Ventures.
We respect and look after one another at Ripcord. We want everyone to feel supported, safe, free to innovate and take risks that result in breakthroughs that challenge the status quo. Crazy ideas are welcome here! Our team is fun, driven, and energetic. Every day we work with industrial robots, computer vision systems, and a diverse stack of software tools to tie it all together.
Our Senior UI Engineer will guide the engineering vision across teams, while also leading the design, development and maintenance of Canopy -- Ripcord’s content discovery portal.
In this role, the candidate will collaborate with other teammates to implement solutions to problems that impact the company’s top software engineering priorities. They will also introduce, assess, and implement new technologies that will help the company provide an exquisite user experience to its customers.
From a technical standpoint, engineers in this position have rock-solid programming foundations, drive long-term solutions in front-end architecture, claim ownership of automated testing, and have the chops to refactor and re-architect existing systems as business needs evolve. As a team member, the Senior, UI Engineer works collaboratively and communicates effectively, guiding the entire team towards strong technical solutions.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with various cross functional teams including design, product, and backend engineers to validate prototypes and translate to functional requirements
- Architect new and existing systems built from shared reusable, readable, responsive, and high-performant UI components
- Lead technical design discussions and code reviews to improve consistency in implementation strategy, code structure, and readable, reusable components
- Effectively communicate changes, improvements, strategy, and functionality to engineers, as well cross functional teams of varying technical experience
- Evaluate and revamp our current QA automated testing approach to put ownership in the hands of the developer
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of developer experience
- 3+ years experience with React/Redux
- 2+ years in a technical leadership role
- Experience with automated test frameworks
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Travis, Jenkins, etc
- Experience with Docker
- Experience working across multiple browsers and familiar with their various idiosyncrasies
- Understanding of UX principles and what makes for a great user experience
- Expertise in RESTful resource implementation
- Expertise in building sites with responsiveness, accessibility, and performance in mind
What You Will Receive
- Free onsite gym complete with treadmills, free-weights, and even a Peloton Bicycle!
- Fun stuff like a ping pong table, video games, pool table, electric scooters and more!
- A great selection of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks & refreshments on-site
- Several employer paid healthcare plans (zero monthly premiums for you and your dependents!)
- Generous parental leave programs
- Catered breakfast & lunch daily
- Great vision & dental insurance
- Comprehensive leave policy
- Commuting benefits
- Dog-friendly office!
- Stock options
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Ripcord, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it. Ripcord is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce at all job levels. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We never request personally identifiable information or bank account information during our recruiting or hiring process; nor do we offer up front payments as part of an offer of employment or ask you to download any 3rd party apps such as Telegram.