Senior Software Engineer
Engineering | East Bay, CA | Full Time
Ripcord is the world's first robotic paper digitization company. We’re going after the outmoded, but very large paper records market (think, medical records, company HR records, company financial records, legal case files, etc). For 30 years the world has been talking about the paperless office, but have yet to realize it. Our mission is to be the company that takes the world paperless. We are doing this by building a first of its kind robotic machine and software platform that will completely transform the records management market.
We are a well funded startup backed by reputable investors such as Icon Ventures, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, LUX Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank. Our seed investors and advisors include Steve Wozniak, Bruce Scott, Chris C Kemp and Jon Callas.
We respect and look after one another at Ripcord. We want everyone to feel supported, safe, free to innovate and take risks that result in breakthroughs that challenge the status quo. Crazy ideas are welcome here! Our team is fun, driven, and energetic. Every day we work with industrial robots, computer vision systems, and a diverse stack of software tools to tie it all together. We play VR, fly drones, and eat too much bacon.
You will be employing the latest advances in machine learning, big data and NLP to help build out our software platform. Some of the main areas of our focus include ability to find information in large repositories where traditional methods are inefficient, also behavioral learning and personalization. We have a broad set of exciting technology to develop and will be growing the team accordingly.
- Design and implementation of various modules and features of our system
- Help with product deployments
- Help with support issues
- Collaborate with other functional teams and find solutions to common problems
- Experience with REST services and distributed architecture
- Some experience with front-end frameworks like React, Redux
- Experience working with NoSQL databases
- Experience with AWS services
- Competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices
- Experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Maven
- 100% of healthcare is covered!
- Stock options
- Daily lunch/breakfast
- Gym & VR room
- Commuting benefits