Compliance | Hayward, CA | Full Time
Ripcord is the world’s leading robotics digitization company, combining hardware and software robotics to process and digitize paper-based records via an Integrated SaaS offering. Focused on smart robotics digitization, smart content management with AI and helping better enable RPA and business processes.
Ripcord is transforming the $62 billion records management, RPA, MPS, and ECM space through robots that scan, index and categorize paper records, making them searchable in the cloud and integrated into existing business processes and enabling RPA. Ripcord is based in California and has raised $110 million from leading investors including CDK Global, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Baidu, Lux Capital, Silicon Valley Bank, Steve Wozniak, Legend Star, and Icon Ventures.
We respect and look after one another at Ripcord. We want everyone to feel supported, safe, free to innovate and take risks that result in breakthroughs that challenge the status quo. Crazy ideas are welcome here! Our team is fun, driven, and energetic. Every day we work with industrial robots, computer vision systems, and a diverse stack of software tools to tie it all together.
An exciting, hands-on role for an information security engineer in which you will make a difference by hardening the security posture of Ripcord’s corporate and production environments and products. You will get a chance to research new threat vectors and help protect against them by working with the latest security tools. You will analyze intrusion vectors, identify security flaws or vulnerabilities in software, networks, systems, and applications, and work with teams to fix them.
Who Will Love This Position
- Curious people who love breaking and fixing things, love to learn new tools and techniques
- Passionate about security, love to code, find bugs and fix them.
- People who thrive in high growth, fast-paced, constantly changing the environment.
- Perform technical security audits, vulnerability assessments, code, and design reviews. Develop technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Conduct research and continuous threat hunting to identify new attack vectors against Ripcord’s products and services
- Be involved in offensive security exercises
- Evaluate, design and implement new technologies to meet the business’ needs
- Monitor systems and conduct various security operations
- Help build solutions for automated detection and response to incidents
- Work on a wide variety of software designs and technology stacks
- Work in a fast-paced start-up environment implementing security by design
- Thrive in a learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Python, Ruby and other scripting languages are essential
- 5+ years of security engineering experience covering: Firewall/VPN, IPS/IDS, Email Security, Penetration Tests, AV, EDR, SIEM, MDM, DLP, IAM, and content filtering
- Proficiency across Operating Systems: MacOS, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android with an aptitude to learn new ones quickly
- Deep understanding of network and application security threats, attack techniques, encryption, forensic tools, and mitigation options and network-related protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, IPSEC, routing protocols, etc.)
- Hands-on knowledge of penetration testing tools such as Wireshark, Metasploit, Aircrack-ng, Burp Suite
- Experience with AWS and G-Cloud solutions and features
- High level of proficiency in security concepts, techniques, tools, methods and practices and the ability to successfully implement them in both business processes and technology
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Certifications in offensive security a big plus
- Bug bounty program and red team experience a big plus
- Prior experience in government or any other highly regulated sector is a plus
- Stock options
- 100% of healthcare premiums are covered for you and all dependents!
- Great vision & dental insurance
- Free gym & refreshments on-site
- Commuting benefits
- Comprehensive leave policy
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Ripcord, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it. Ripcord is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce at all job levels. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.