Production Engineer (Shift 2)
Operations | East Bay, CA | Full Time
Ripcord is the world's first robotic paper digitization company and we are going after the outmoded, but very large paper records market (think, medical records, company HR records, company financial records, legal case files, etc). For 30 years we've been talking about the paperless office, but have yet to realize it. Our mission is to be the company that takes the world paperless. We are doing this by building a first of its kind robotic machine and software platform that will completely transform the records management market.
We raised our Series A last year from Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Lux Capital and Comet Labs. Our seed investors and advisors include Steve Wozniak, Bruce Scott, Chris C Kemp and Jon Callas.
Our team is fun, driven, and energetic. Every day we work with industrial robots, computer vision systems, and a diverse stack of software tools to tie it all together. We play VR, fly drones, and eat too much bacon.
Note – This position is for Shift 2 (swing). The ideal candidate will start in January for training (11:00 am - 7:30 pm) and then transition to Shift 2 (3:00 - 11:30 pm) within a month.
Your job as a Production Engineer will include a variety of responsibilities that facilitate our robotic scanning operations. The ideal candidate will have a fundamental understanding of the principles of industrial engineering, specifically production engineering and operations research, and have a strong mechanical aptitude. You will be an essential member of our team by providing technical support to our Operations Manager, Technicians, and Associates to predict, identify, and solve operational issues throughout the various states of our process. While doing this, you will be working with great people, as well as exciting and innovative technology developed here at Ripcord. Examples of the role responsibilities are:
• Ensure security of confidential documentation by following company security protocol
• Assist the floor as a resource to the Operations Manager, Technicians, and Associates
• Generate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as determined by process
• Coordinate equipment troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance with Operations Technician
• Ensure production, quality, and safety standards are met on a daily basis
• Solve process related issues as they arise
• Recognize and implement areas of continuous improvement to improve flow of work
• Assist the Director of Operations in analyzing and understanding the reasons behind success and failure in meeting departmental goals
• Perform risk management and change management on projects
• Help drive process decisions to align with higher company initiatives such as maximizing production and machine uptime
• Assist in establishing best practices involving inventory and production control
• Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases of improvements
• Identify operational problems by observing and studying system functioning and performance results; investigating complaints and suggestions; interviewing process operators; completing troubleshooting procedures
• Identify operational priorities by assessing operational objectives; determining project objectives, such as, efficiency, cost savings, energy conservation, operator convenience, safety, environmental quality; estimating relevance, time, and costs
• Develop operational solutions by defining, studying, estimating, and screening alternative solutions; calculating economics; determining impact on total system
• Improve operational quality results by studying, evaluating, and recommending process re-design; implementing changes; contributing information and opinion to unit design and modification teams
• Reinforce safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
• Provide operational management information by collecting, analyzing, summarizing operating and engineering data and trends
• Perform related duties similar to the above in scope and function as required by the Director of Operations
• Bachelor of Science degree in a technical discipline
• At least 4 years of industrial engineering or operations research experience combined with project/program management experience
• Ability or willingness to work various shifts to support future 24/7 operations
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal in English) and experience working with highly technical teams
• Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration with diverse cross-functional teams
• Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Must have capability to review, analyze, summarize and interpret quality systems data, draw conclusions, and make appropriate decisions and recommendations
• Must show self-initiative, but be comfortable in the role of a team player
• Ability to deal with problems involving ambiguous situations
• Experience in coaching and mentoring others to succeed
• Ability to lift/pull/push 40 lb. with the help of hand truck or dolly
• US Citizenship or Permanent Residency
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Visio
• Ability to pass a background check
• Experience in manufacturing control planning, manufacturing quality, supply management and analyzing information
• Experience with ERP and scheduling software
• 100% of healthcare premiums are covered!
• Stock options
• Gym & VR room
• Commuting benefits
• Self-managed PTO (Paid Time Off)
NOTE: This position is for Shift 2 (swing), and the ideal candidate will start in early December for training and then transition to Shift 2 in January.