Operations Associate (Shift 2)
Operations | East Bay, CA | Full Time
Ripcord is the world's first robotic paper digitization company and we are going after the outmoded but very large paper records market (think, medical records, company HR records, company financial records, legal case files, etc). For 30 years we've been talking about the paperless office, but have yet to realize it. Our mission is to be the company that takes the world paperless. We are doing this by building a first of its kind robotic machine and software platform that will completely transform the records management market.
We raised our Series A last year from Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Lux Capital and Comet Labs. Our seed investors and advisors include Steve Wozniak, Bruce Scott, Chris C Kemp and Jon Callas.
Our team is fun, driven, and energetic. Every day we work with industrial robots, computer vision systems, and a diverse stack of software tools to tie it all together. We play VR, fly drones, and eat too much bacon.
Note - This position is for Shift 2 (swing). The ideal candidate will start in early November for training (9:00am - 5:30pm) and then transition to Shift 2 (3:00 - 11:30pm) within two months.
Your job as an Operations Associate will include a variety of responsibilities that help facilitate our robotic scanning operations. To put it simply, you will be an essential part of our team by preparing materials for scanning and/or directly operating the robotic scanning work cell. While doing this, you will be working with great people, along with exciting and innovative technology developed here at Ripcord. Examples of the role responsibilities are:
- Ensure security of confidential documentation by following company security protocol
- Properly sort, label, and move paper records for scanning
- Locate, count, and document inventory
- Implement standard operating procedures (SOPs) as determined by process
- Operate robotic scanning equipment while maintaining equipment standards and workstation cleanliness
- Identify equipment issues and inform maintenance staff
- Ensure production, quality, and safety standards are met daily
- Assist with the training of temporary or new employees
- Follow customer instructions on work orders to process scanning within company and customer’s specifications
- Identify and convey areas of continuous improvement
- Perform related duties similar to the above in scope and function as required by supervisor
- Ability to deal with problems involving standardized situations
- Good communication skills and comfortable working well with all team members
- Must be organized, able to multi-task, and follow direction from supervisor
- Ability to work in close proximity to others and equipment
- Ability to lift/pull/push 40 lb. multiple times per shift
- Detail oriented and focused attention
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1 year of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Understanding of basic mathematical calculation
- Spoken and written English proficiency
- Ability to work available shifts (compressed work week) and occasional overtime
- Ability to pass a background check
- College education
- 2+ years of experience performing jobs with detailed oriented procedures/processes
- Stock options
- Gym & VR room
- Commuting benefits
- Great leave policy
- 100% of healthcare premiums are covered!
- $17 - 19 per hour