IT | East Bay, CA | Full Time
Ripcord is the world's first robotic paper digitization company. We’re going after the outmoded, but very large paper records market (think, medical records, company HR records, company financial records, legal case files, etc). For 30 years the world has been talking about the paperless office but has yet to realize it. Our mission is to be the company that takes the world paperless. We are doing this by building a first of its kind robotic machine and software platform that will completely transform the records management market.
Our headquarters and production facility are in Hayward, CA. We have also had a co-working space in San Francisco.
We are a well-funded startup backed by reputable investors such as Icon Ventures, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, LUX Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank. Our seed investors and advisors include Steve Wozniak, Bruce Scott, Chris C Kemp, and Jon Callas.
We respect and look after one another at Ripcord. We want everyone to feel supported, safe, free to innovate and take risks that result in breakthroughs that challenge the status quo. Crazy ideas are welcome here! Our team is fun, driven, and energetic. Every day we work with industrial robots, computer vision systems, and a diverse stack of software tools to tie it all together.
The Network Administrator will be responsible for all things network. This position will push Ripcord forward by building and managing Ripcord’s networks and systems. You will be responsible for designing, building, and deploying our networks for future growth and expansion while keeping control of security and best practices. This is an individual contributor role.
Who Will Love This Position
- People who have a drive for building from the ground up and creating an efficient work environment
- Self-motivated people who thrive in high growth, unstructured environment
- Support, configure, maintain and upgrade corporate networks and in-house servers
- Manage security vulnerabilities and compliance including threat hunting, incident response, security operations, and remediation
- Establish and implement firewall rules hardening, configuration management, network monitoring and control, packet sniffing, log management/analysis, NACL’s and routing protocols
- VPN setup and policy analysis, web content filtering, anti-malware, anti-phishing
- Work closely with department managers to determine network needs and changes
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses
- Work closely with department leadership to determine future network needs and plan for changes
- Network architecture incl. DMZ, honeypots/honeynets and secure web gateways
- Analyze the current network structure and submit comprehensive reports on how to make a network more secure and efficient
- Help build and monitor the network budget
- Define network policies and procedures
Qualifications, Education, Years of Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years of proven experience in a network administrator role, managing and building a complex network
- Hands-on experience in networking, routing, and switching
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
- Experience with cloud direct connect routing
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
- Capacity to use large-scale network security infrastructure such as VPNs, DDoS mitigation
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix, HyperV
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Ability to complete complex projects with minimal to no supervision
- Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking
- Juniper, Cisco, Meraki, Arista, Frotinet, CWNA or BCNE training
- BSc degree in Computer Science or a related field (MS degree preferred)
- Ability to work independently but desire to collaborate
- Desire to take challenges head-on and be accountable for the results
- Stock options
- 100% of healthcare premiums are covered for you and all dependents!
- Great vision & dental insurance
- Free gym & refreshments on-site
- Commuting benefits
- Comprehensive leave policy
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Ripcord, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it. Ripcord is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce at all job levels. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.