Engineering | East Bay, CA | Full Time
Ripcord is the world's first robotic paper digitization company. We’re going after the outmoded, but very large paper records market (think, medical records, company HR records, company financial records, legal case files, etc). For 30 years the world has been talking about the paperless office, but have yet to realize it. Our mission is to be the company that takes the world paperless. We are doing this by building a first of its kind robotic machine and software platform that will completely transform the records management market.
We are a well funded startup backed by reputable investors such as Icon Ventures, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, LUX Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank. Our seed investors and advisors include Steve Wozniak, Bruce Scott, Chris C Kemp and Jon Callas.
We respect and look after one another at Ripcord. We want everyone to feel supported, safe, free to innovate and take risks that result in breakthroughs that challenge the status quo. Crazy ideas are welcome here! Our team is fun, driven, and energetic. Every day we work with industrial robots, computer vision systems, and a diverse stack of software tools to tie it all together. We play VR, fly drones, and eat too much bacon.
We are seeking a talented and self-motivated Cloud Engineer who will assist in the build of AWS production and development environments.
- Build and maintain an AWS cloud infrastructure architecture aligning security, compliance, performance and resilience with cost.
- Lower maintenance requirements and improve security by leveraging technologies such as “server less” architecture and micro services.
- Build and maintain a monitoring solution that supports infrastructure and application logs.
- Build and maintain a set of tools that enable developers to self-serve for most operational tasks.
- Define and maintain a configuration management system.
- Manage a CI/CD pipeline.
- Build and maintain an auditing and reporting framework that produces artifacts that support security and compliance needs.
- Develop processes that produce artifacts that support security and compliance requirements.
- Develop automated monitoring and notification for live services and respond quickly and effectively to any problems.
- Manage Core services such as JIRA, GIT, Jenkins, etc.
- Configuration management, especially Puppet and Ansible.
- AWS deployment, management and incident diagnosis.
- Linux experience at scale.
- Python scripting skills
- Large scale monitoring and reporting (ELK stack)
- Continuous Integration systems such as Hudson/Jenkins
- Web and Application Servers such as: NGINX, Apache and Tomcat/Jetty
- CDN and internet networking.
- Comfortable working hand-in-hand with development and security to support overall business requirements.
- Extensive experience in automated testing of web applications and web services in a fast-moving and agile environment.
- Experience in setting up and maintaining an automation framework and tests from scratch.
- Experience with a collaborative BDD approach.
- Agile experience with Scrum / Kanban / XP.
- Experience with automated test tools such as Cucumber / Selenium / Selenium WebDriver / Selenium Grid.
- Experience with Gherkin / Java / Groovy.
- Ability to work on several work streams with excellent time management.
- Excellent team player.
- Able to formulate and execute solution to take into consideration the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- A positive, constructive approach with an emphasis on collaboration and good execution.
- 100% of healthcare is covered!
- Stock options
- Daily lunch/breakfast
- Gym & VR room
- Commuting benefits