Chief Compliance Officer
Legal | East Bay, CA | Full Time
Ripcord is the world's first robotic paper digitization company and we are redeveloping the paper records market as a whole with innovative technology and production processes. For 30 years the world has been talking about the paperless office, but have yet to realize it. Our mission is to be the company that takes the world paperless. We are doing this by building a first of its kind robotic machine and software platform that is currently transforming the records management market.
We are a well funded startup backed by reputable investors such as Icon Ventures, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, LUX Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank. Our seed investors and advisors include Steve Wozniak, Bruce Scott, Chris C Kemp and Jon Callas.
We respect and look after one another at Ripcord. We want everyone to feel supported, safe, free to innovate and take risks that result in breakthroughs that challenge the status quo. Creative ideas are welcome here! Our team is fun, driven, and upbeat. Every single day we work with industrial robots, computer vision systems, and a diverse stack of software tools to tie it all together.
Who Should Apply:
Do you have a passion for compliance? Do you enjoy leading by example? Do you thrive in problem solving situations? Then keep reading!
The Legal Team is currently seeking a Chief Compliance Officer who will help us continue our sky-rocketing growth. This role is ideal for compliance professionals who want to lead compliance programs with a company focused on changing the world.
As Chief Compliance Officer, you will lead all compliance at Ripcord, currently domestically and as we grow internationally. Reporting into the CFO, this extraordinary individual will be a key team member with responsibility for directing all compliance activities including the oversight of all applicable compliance policies and programs, interacting with our partners, and providing strategic guidance on new or existing initiatives.
- Provide strategic insights, guidance, and decisions on compliance matters to protect our company, products, partners and customers
- Determine compliance requirements in our products and services, and address existing and emerging compliance risks
- Create, maintain, scale and improve compliance programs and processes
- Represent the voice of compliance with key internal business partners including senior managers and executive team members
- Provide input related to new initiative risk assessments and necessary business requirements to ensure ongoing compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and expectations
- Oversee the structuring and build out of our compliance policies and processes including HIPAA, FISMA, GDPR, PCI/DSS, SOx and SOC2
- Overseeing internal and external audits and certification programs
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA, or other advanced degrees preferred
- 10+ years leading and building compliance functions and teams for a company in the document management industry
- Great at building relationships and working with people from all parts of an organization
- Superior communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, and written) & proven ability to influence & gain buy-in at executive-levels across the company
- Bring an energetic approach to solving complex compliance problems with an innovative and business solution mindset never losing sight to how compliance affects Ripcord and its customers
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, both independently and collaboratively
- Knowledge of regulatory authorities and experience with developing the compliance requirements for document and content management markets
- Stock options
- 100% of healthcare premiums are covered for you and all dependents!
- Great vision & dental insurance
- Free gym & refreshments on-site
- Commuting benefits
- Comprehensive leave policy
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.