Robotics Controls Development Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, Bay Area, CA | Full Time
RIOS is a technology company helping global customers automate their factories, warehouses, and supply chain operations by deploying a new class of AI-powered and dexterous robots. RIOS robots handle hard-to-automate tasks, typically requiring human-level dexterity, in unstructured environments. RIOS is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA and has a pilot facility in San Carlos, CA. More information is available at www.rios.ai
RIOS is looking for an Robotics Controls Development Engineer that can own the application logic and related robotics controls pipeline development for various customer use cases. This typically will include leveraging existing pipeline tools in different ways, along with a degree of custom development, to meet customer KPI's.
As a Robotics Controls and Development Engineer you will:
- Work daily on multiple robot platforms with custom hardware and software stacks
- Push hardware and technology limits to solve real-world problems.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to solve previously unsolvable robotics problems
- Travel to customer sites to deploy robotic solutions.
Technical attributes of candidates may include:
- M.S./Ph.D. in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent industry experience)
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS) Proficiency with robotics hardware and systems (e.g., electrical, mechanical, sensing)
- Experience with C/C++, Python
- Familiarity with aspects of robotic control including 3D perception, path planning, kinematics, etc.
- Best practices in software development such as documentation, version control, testing and reproducibility
- Experience with real-time operating system
- Actively practice the Git-based CI/CD workflow
- Competitive salary package & Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan
- Free lunch
- Flexible time off & paid holidays
- Social events + happy hours + team parties