Registered Nurse – Behavioral Health
Nursing | Smyrna, GA | Full Time
Ridgeview Institute is currently recruiting for dynamic Registered Nurse's.
Provides general nursing care to patients in health care facility by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Explains procedures and treatments to patient to gain cooperation, and understanding.
- Responsible for tracking per Ridgeview policy.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient.
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or Provider of patient's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition of patient.
- Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Documents nursing history and physical assessment for assigned patients.
- Initiates a patient education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient, as prescribed by Provider and/or health center policy including patient and family instruction.
- Participates in department or unit quality improvement activities.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Employee Only Medical, Company Paid
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Referral Bonus
- Multiple Shifts Available