Environmental Services | Smyrna, GA | Full Time, Part Time, and Temp to Perm
Ridgeview Institute is currently looking to hire housekeeping staff.
This position is responsible for cleaning patient rooms, offices and public areas, while ensuring a safe and risk preventative environment within Joint Commission, CMS, state and OSHA standards and regulations.
One year experience in housekeeping field
Must be able to work with minimal supervision
May be required to work overtime and flexible hours
- Perform routine cleaning tasks of patient rooms, offices and public areas.
- Vacuum, dust, mop, sweep and take out trash.
- Ensure that adequate linens are kept in the facility.
- Clean areas with disinfectants.
- Refill supplies (paper products, soap, etc.)
- Assures that supply closets are kept clean and orderly.
- Keep cleaning supplies and equipment safely stored when not in use and away from patient’s access when in use.
- Assist the Housekeeping Supervisor in other duties assigned.
- Assist other departmental staff, as requested.
- Report any situations that may affect the health and well-being of patients or employees.
- Assist in assuring a safe and risk preventive environment.
- Comply with established measures for infection control, OSHA regulations and Safety/Risk Management plans, policies and procedures.
- Use time constructively and in an organized manner to accomplish assigned responsibilities.
- Address patients, visitors, and co-workers in a pleasant and respectful manner.
- Assist in any emergencies that may arise.
- Adhere to facility, department, corporate, personnel and standard policies and procedures.
- Attend all mandatory facility in-services and staff development activities as scheduled.
- Adhere to facility standards concerning conduct, dress, attendance and punctuality.
- Support facility-wide quality/performance improvement goals and objectives.
- Maintain confidentiality of facility employees and patient information.