Software Engineer - Platform
Engineering | Phoenix, AZ | Full Time
RevolutionParts is looking for a talented engineer to help evolve our technology to support our next phase of growth. You'll be joining a team of professionals that are dedicated to providing cutting edge e-commerce solutions to the auto parts industry.
If you want a clear-cut role with the same tasks for years, this is not for you. If you like to think big and work on a variety of projects, we need you! Here's a sample of project descriptions:
- We have 50 million parts in a DB. Create a technology stack that can support real-time dynamic search of these parts (Google style) -- think "2010 accord water pump".
Keywords: ElasticSearch, node.js, parallel processing
- We have a history of 700,000+ orders. Create a recommendation engine that will suggest other parts along with what a buyer already has in their cart. Oh -- and the recommended part has to fit the same car. Return the result in 100 ms or less.
Keywords: We're not sure, research technologies that might help accomplish this.
- Create a clean public REST API for parts dealers to import orders that they get from sources other than our stores.
Keywords: Authentication, JSON, Good API design.
- Create an internal shopping cart service that can manage millions of carts a month.
Keywords: memcached/redis, NoSQL, scaling, availability
- We need to spin up 50 servers on AWS to crunch some numbers every month. Let's automate that.
- Bachelor and/or Masters in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- You have some experience - but most of all you are hungry for new challenges
- A solid understanding of OO design and all Computer Science fundamentals
- Must like the dynamic and fast-paced nature of a smaller team working in a company doubling in size each year
- GSD - Get Stuff Done
- Design of APIs (internal or external)
- Design of high-availability-self-healing systems
- Design of scalable systems
- Understanding of databases, relational or not. SQL.
- Architecture decision making - real-time, batch, queue-based processing?
- Scripting Languages (We do a lot of coding in PHP)
- Top Salary, Stock Options, and Relocation Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Hours
- Casual Dress Code
- Free lunch Friday
- Fully Stocked Fridge and Snacks
- Team Happy Hours