Engineering | Phoenix, AZ | Full Time
RevolutionParts is looking for a talented and dedicated DevOps Engineer to help us achieve operational excellence and support our next phase of growth. You'll be joining a team of professionals that are dedicated to providing cutting edge eCommerce solutions to the auto parts industry.
If you want a clear-cut role with the same tasks for years, this is not for you. If you like to think big and work on a variety of projects, we need you! Our systems, hosted in AWS, support over $100 million in eCommerce sales per year. We need someone to completely own this infrastructure, including issues management, capacity planning, alerting, monitoring, sysadmin, no-downtime maintenance and DevOps. We are fanatical about automating everything, including Ops (if it's not automated we can't replicate it). Above any specific skillset, we need someone that understands what it means to OWN this type of an infrastructure.
A quick overview of our current stack:
Front-end: Nginx, Apache (supporting PHP and node.js applications). ELBs & 18 web servers in ASGs
Back-end: RDS (MySQL/Aurora, ElasticSearch, Redis). 2 xLarge RDS instances with failover replication
ELK/Data Dog for monitoring
We also use S3, SQS, and Route53. We use Cloudformation, instance images, scripts, and Puppet to make sure we can replicate environments. In the immediate plans are adding map reduce infrastructure like Hadoop or similar.
If you feel that you have what it takes to take our infrastructure from supporting $100 million to $1 billion a year, let's talk. Please submit a cover letter with your application detailing why you are the perfect fit.
- Extensive cloud-based system and service administration experience with AWS
- Understanding an experience with Apache, Tomcat, NGINX, Redis, Mysql, Elasticsearch (bonus!)
- Proficiency with at least two Scripting Languages
- Must have strong troubleshooting/debugging skills and a passion for problem solving
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent along with 3+ years of relevant SysAdmin or DevOps experience
- Must like the dynamic and fast-paced nature of a smaller team working in a company doubling in size each year
- GSD - Get Stuff Done
- Top Salary, Stock Options, and Relocation Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Hours
- Casual Dress Code
- Free lunch Friday
- Fully Stocked Fridge and Snacks
- Team Happy Hours