Technical Writer - Contract
Marketing | Roseville, CA | Contract
Revionics is the leading provider of SaaS-based pricing, promotion, markdown and space solutions is seeking an energetic, data-driven Documentation Manager. The Revionics Documentation Manager is a dynamic self-starter that contributes to the organization in many capacities, with a priority on creating and maintaining high-quality online and print communications to help our internal and external users quickly learn and use our products in an efficient and intuitive manner to improve their business outcomes.
Role and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Documentation Manager, the ContractTechnical Writer contributes to the organization in many capacities, with a priority on creating and maintaining high-quality online and print documentation to help our internal and external users quickly learn and use our products in an efficient and intuitive manner. This is a contract position with the potential to be converted to full-time employment status should the business require additional resources longer term.
- Become a subject matter expert in assigned areas of responsibility through active participation in planning, design, and development team meetings and hands-on product usage.
- Create and maintain thorough, accurate, and concise end-user documentation including online help files, PDF User Guides, release notes, and training materials.
- Maintain internal technical reference documentation, including configuration guides, data library, technical release notes, context-sensitive help mappings, process and procedure guides, and system requirements.
- Perform ad hoc product testing and review UI text while researching and documenting new features; log bugs and make suggestions for embedded content that helps customers use the product in an intuitive way.
- Review, edit, and format product management documents, RFP responses, marketing communications/collateral, and other organizational documents as requested.
- Create and maintain documentation templates, style guide, and content source control system.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently and meet all documentation deliverable deadlines.
- Technical writer (4+ years experience), encompassing both online and print mediums, preferably related to the retail industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related subject, with emphasis on writing and communication skills.
- Proven ability to quickly learn complex product features and turn them into succinct but thorough documentation that spurs “ah ha” learning moments in users.
- Expertise using conditional tagging and CSS variations to create multiple outputs (WebHelp, Word, PDF) from a single-source, XML-based authoring tool, such as MadCap Flare.
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle, preferably in an Agile development environment, and the use of enterprise-level collaboration, version control, and bug/case tracking software and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience in Web applications, HTML, XML, CSS, and Business Intelligence reporting.
- Skilled in image capture, cropping, and placement using Snag-It or similar tool.
- Self-starter, competent at working independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong investigative/research/interview orientation and skills.
Preferred Candidate Attributes:
- Multi-language skills, including familiarity with Global English style guidelines and translation processes.
- Experience developing multi-media materials, such as training videos, online tutorials, and classroom guides.
- Basic knowledge of SQL database design and the use of Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio to create and run basic SQL queries.
Who We Are:
Predictive. Prescriptive. Profitable Retailing.
We provide SaaS-based pricing, promotion, markdown and space solutions. Retailers in all segments across the world adopt our self-funding model to improve top-line sales, demand, and margin. Our customers gain that competitive edge and improve their value proposition while outmaneuvering competitor price aggressiveness.
During the days of first-generation price optimization solutions, at a time where science in retail was viewed as voodoo, our founder Jeff Smith nurtured the concept that there could be a better way. He went on to form Revionics around that new-generation vision, and to this day we remain committed to his goal: To help retail businesses and everyday users solve complex pricing challenges leveraging the latest machine learning science with a completely transparent process, usable in an intuitive way that fits into retailers’ normal business flows.
Our company success is based on our 4 foundational pillars:
- A SaaS-based architecture for fast ROI
- Productized, transparent science
- Machine Learning algorithms that continue to evolve with changing market conditions and shopper behaviors for built-in future proofing
- A supportive culture focusing on both our people and customers’ well-being
Our Core Values:
- Integrity: Be honest, dependable and complete
- Transparency: Anticipate questions and give clear, usable answers.
- Continuous Improvement: Be relentless about improvement – for ourselves and our customers
- Curiosity: Shine lights in dark corners; seek to ensure we know what we don’t know
- Accountability: Own the problem and the solution
- Dedication: Don’t stop until the numbers are right and systems are up
- Humility: Put the spotlight on our customers, not ourselves