Development | Austin, TX | Full Time
Imagine a company that values your entrepreneurial spirit, gives you the ability to drive your own success, and allows you the freedom to explore creative solutions. Revionics – voted one of the Top Work Places in 2015 by the Austin American-Statesman – is looking to add new talent to our team. Immerse yourself in a company culture that prizes individuality, self-motivation, and creative thinking.
At Revionics, the Systems Engineer will be part of a team that owns infrastructure technologies and responsibility for installing new components and maintaining configurations. You'll be part of a small but fast-paced highly collaborative team with low egos and high output. Rock and roll as part of a 24/7 on-call rotation responding to issues and users with a global footprint and prototyping new technologies to increase operation efficiency and effectiveness.
Who You Are:
- Background in architecture, implementation, and delivery of large-scale systems in real-world situations
- Ability to walk up the cloud stack (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) model with modern terminology and relevance
- Broad knowledge of IT market and trends
- Knowledge of Cloud providers (AWS and GCP) and surrounding tools (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Detailed knowledge of architectural approaches including consolidation, cloud computing, virtualization, information management, Big Data, AI, Machine Learning, etc.
What You Have/Can Do as a Minimum:
- Configuration management tools (especially Terraform and Puppet);
- Awareness of DevOps toolchains (e.g. Jenkins, Gitlab)
- Cloud infrastructure and container-based infrastructures.
What You Can Do to Stand Out:
- Cloud Architecture Development, Deployment and Migration
- Experience with CI/CD build and release automation tools
- Able to utilize REST and other API interfaces in applications and systems to accomplish tasks
- Knowledge of deploying servers and applications in on-premise virtualized environments
What's in Your Tool Box:
- Able to work flexible hours to include nights and weekends (24X7 environment/on a rotation)
- Personable professional with a desire to work independently in collaborative and fast-paced teams.
- Low-Ego, Action-Oriented, and Intellectually-Curious personalities highly desired.
Who We Are:
Predictive. Prescriptive. Profitable Retailing.
We provide SaaS-based pricing, promotion, markdown and space solutions. Retailers in all segments across the world adopt our self-funding model to improve top-line sales, demand and margin. Our customers gain that competitive edge and improve their value proposition while outmaneuvering competitor price aggressiveness.
During the days of first-generation price optimization solutions, at a time where science in retail was viewed as voodoo, our founder Jeff Smith nurtured the concept that there could be a better way. He went on to form Revionics around that new-generation vision, and to this day we remain committed to his goal: To help retail businesses and everyday users solve complex pricing challenges leveraging the latest machine learning science with a completely transparent process, usable in an intuitive way that fits into retailers’ normal business flows.
Our company success is based on our 4 foundational pillars:
- A SaaS-based architecture for fast ROI
- Productized, transparent science
- Machine Learning algorithms that continue to evolve with changing market conditions and shopper behaviors for built-in future proofing
- A supportive culture focusing on both our people and customers’ well-beinng.
Our Core Values:
- Integrity: Be honest, dependable and complete
- Transparency: Anticipate questions and give clear, usable answers.
- Continuous Improvement: Be relentless about improvement – for ourselves and our customers
- Curiosity: Shine lights in dark corners; seek to ensure we know what we don’t know
- Accountability: Own the problem and the solution
- Dedication: Don’t stop until the numbers are right and systems are up
- Humility: Put the spotlight on our customers, not ourselves