Senior Price Strategist
Operations | Melbourne, Australia | Full Time
Revionics, the leading provider of SaaS-based pricing, promotion, and markdown solutions, is expanding the Price Strategy practice to Australia.
As our first Price Strategist in Australia, you will work with a set of named accounts to:
- Play a significant role as part of a project team to implement the Revionics suite of products
- Support existing clients by:-
- answering questions about the software based on your deep solution expertise
- training new client team members
- educating and advising clients on new features
- troubleshooting issues with the Revionics product suite
- provide yearly executive briefings to our customer C-Suite, including value measurement, lessons learned and other observations
- Support our local sales team by demonstrating our solutions and addressing solution questions
Who you are:
- You are an individual who understands that the most exciting and creative aspect of retail is determining at what price to sell your products.
- You know how to apply the science with the tools to produce and influence superb results.
- You are a collaborative individual who can partner with our science, product management, engineering, systems engineering, and project management teams to ensure seamless support for our clients.
- You are an enthusiastic coach for our executive clients, pricing teams, and merchants on use of our tool and best practices.
- You respond to customer and business escalations with a sense of urgency and a high degree of follow through.
- You are comfortable performing in a variety of roles and are unfazed by uncertainty.
What you Have/Can Do as a Minimum:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6-9 years of experience in pricing, optimization, and pricing optimization solutions, preferably working in a retail environment
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with retail software packages
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience interacting with executive leadership within customer organizations
- Located in Melbourne, Australia area
- Ability to travel up to 25%
What you can Do to Stand Out:
- Familiarity with statistical concepts such as normal curves, confidence intervals, statistical significant, bias, thresholds, forecast accuracy, sensitivity analysis, and mean average percent error.
- Experience with Revionics solutions
- Experience supporting SaaS products
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with business intelligence tools, such as Tableau or Cognos
Who We Are:
Predictive. Prescriptive. Profitable Retailing.
We provide SaaS-based pricing, promotion, markdown and space solutions. Retailers in all segments across the world adopt our self-funding model to improve top-line sales, demand, and margin. Our customers gain that competitive edge and improve their value proposition while outmaneuvering competitor price aggressiveness.
During the days of first-generation price optimization solutions, at a time where science in retail was viewed as voodoo, our founder Jeff Smith nurtured the concept that there could be a better way. He went on to form Revionics around that new-generation vision, and to this day we remain committed to his goal: To help retail businesses and everyday users solve complex pricing challenges leveraging the latest machine learning science with a completely transparent process, usable in an intuitive way that fits into retailers’ normal business flows.
Our company success is based on our 4 foundational pillars:
- A SaaS-based architecture for fast ROI
- Productized, transparent science
- Machine Learning algorithms that continue to evolve with changing market conditions and shopper behaviors for built-in future proofing
- A supportive culture focusing on both our people and customers’ well-being.
Our Core Values:
- Integrity: Be honest, dependable and complete
- Transparency: Anticipate questions and give clear, usable answers.
- Continuous Improvement: Be relentless about improvement – for ourselves and our customers
- Curiosity: Shine lights in dark corners; seek to ensure we know what we don’t know
- Accountability: Own the problem and the solution
- Dedication: Don’t stop until the numbers are right and systems are up
- Humility: Put the spotlight on our customers, not ourselves