Internal Application: Scientific Developer
Development | Austin, TX | Full Time
Revionics has an immediate opening in our Science Development Team for a Senior Scientific Developer supporting our pricing and inventory optimization solutions. This position involves design, coding, testing, and support of our data cleansing, demand modeling, forecasting, and optimization solutions.
Revionics delivers the industry’s most powerful End-to-End Merchandise Optimization solution, enabling retailers of all sizes to execute a fact-based Omni-channel merchandising strategy utilizing the most comprehensive set of shopper demand signals to enhance financial performance with improved customer satisfaction. Revionics’ solutions leverage advanced predictive analytics and demand-based science to ensure retailers have the right product, price, promotion, placement and space allocation for optimal results across all touch points in the Omni-channel shopping episode – online, in-store, social and mobile. Offered on a scalable, high-performance Cloud-based SaaS platform, these solutions future-proof retailers from Big Data/Fast Data challenges, while providing speed-to-ROI. Over 33,000 retail locations and $140+B in annual revenue across grocery, drug, building materials, convenience, general merchandise, discount, sporting goods stores, and eCommerce sites optimize with Revionics’ solutions. Revionics has been recognized as a 2012 Deloitte Technology Fast 500™, Red Herring Top 100 Global, Red Herring Top 100 Americas, and JMP Securities’ Hot 100 Software Company. For more information, please visit www.revionics.com.
Who you are:
Scientific Developers are responsible for development and support of Revionics’ analytical pricing and promotion optimization software. Scientific Developers work in cross-functional Agile teams along with product management, business analysts, and front-end UI developers. Our teams use test-driven development methodologies and continuous integration using modern tools (Jenkins, git, NUnit). Our software is responsible for algorithmic pricing and promotion optimization for some of the world’s largest retailers, requiring a very high level of code quality and automated testing.
- Design, code, test, and support production software for high-quality, repeatable, and automated data cleansing, demand modeling, forecasting, and optimization solutions in C#
- Design and implement software with integration to back-end data stores (SQL Server, MongoDB, etc.)
- Troubleshoot and debug complex software in support of customer implementations
- Operate in a cross-functional agile software development environment, collaborate with Product Management, business analysts, data scientists, and other technical teams on feature requirements, technical designs, APIs, data model enhancements, and integration touchpoints
- Work with Data Scientists to implement and integrate algorithms as production-grade software
What you Have/Can Do as a Minimum:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Engineering, CS, or Physical Sciences
- Expert-level proficiency in an object-oriented language such as C++, Java, or C#
- Strong proficiency with relational databases, ability to write complex SQL queries (SQL Server / T-SQL, Oracle PL-SQL, etc.)
- Expert-level proficiency with integrated development environments and run-time debugging of software solutions
- N-Unit, J-Unit, or similar unit test framework, test-driven development methodologies
- Experience with API development, REST services
- Proficient use of git for code management (branch, merge, cherry-pick, etc.)
- Experience in cross-functional team-based agile development
- Excellent communications skills
- Proficiency in mathematics and statistics
What You Can Do to Stand Out:
- Experience with Jira for work item management
- Experience with .NET framework, .NET core cross-platform development
- MS Visual Studio IDE
- Microsoft SQL Server / T-SQL
- Linux expertise (Ubuntu)
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS)
- Python programming, familiarity with the Python data science ecosystem (numpy, matplotlib, sciKitLearn, etc.)
- Performance engineering, high-performance computing, code profiling for memory and CPU usage
- Automated test, build & deployment tools, continuous integration
- Systems Engineering and Architecture
- Scalable data platforms / NoSQL solutions (MongoDB, Hadoop, Cassandra)
- Cloud Service Platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure) and platform services
- Containerization / Docker / Kubernetes, microservice architectures, orchestration, and autoscaling
- Experience with queue-based messaging (RabbitMQ, Kafka, GCP Pub/Sub, etc.)
- Hands-on data analysis and visualization experience, ability to present complex data graphically (distributions, scatter plots, sensitivity analyses)
- Domain expertise in price optimization, demand forecasting, or inventory optimization
- Retail or Supply Chain industry experience
Who We Are:
Predictive. Prescriptive. Profitable Retailing.
We provide SaaS-based pricing, promotion, markdown and space solutions. Retailers in all segments across the world adopt our self-funding model to improve top-line sales, demand, and margin. Our customers gain that competitive edge and improve their value proposition while outmaneuvering competitor price aggressiveness.
During the days of first-generation price optimization solutions, at a time where science in retail was viewed as voodoo, our founder Jeff Smith nurtured the concept that there could be a better way. He went on to form Revionics around that new-generation vision, and to this day we remain committed to his goal: To help retail businesses and everyday users solve complex pricing challenges leveraging the latest machine learning science with a completely transparent process, usable in an intuitive way that fits into retailers’ normal business flows.
Our company success is based on our 4 foundational pillars:
- A SaaS-based architecture for fast ROI
- Productized, transparent science
- Machine Learning algorithms that continue to evolve with changing market conditions and shopper behaviors for built-in future proofing
- A supportive culture focusing on both our people and customers’ well-being.
Our Core Values:
- Integrity: Be honest, dependable and complete
- Transparency: Anticipate questions and give clear, usable answers.
- Continuous Improvement: Be relentless about improvement – for ourselves and our customers
- Curiosity: Shine lights in dark corners; seek to ensure we know what we don’t know
- Accountability: Own the problem and the solution
- Dedication: Don’t stop until the numbers are right and systems are up
- Humility: Put the spotlight on our customers, not ourselves