Principal Data Science Analyst
Operations | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Revionics has an immediate opening in our UK office on our Science Services team for a Principal Data Science Analyst. This individual will work in a fast-paced environment as part of multi-disciplinary project teams to deliver analytic services to retailers. The successful candidate will bring a balance of creative problem solving, hands-on data skills and practical analytic skills to the organization. Multi-lingual, preferably German, Russian or Spanish is highly desired. Experience in Retail Analytics or a related Analytic field is required. Strong communication and customer presentation skills also highly desired. This position may require up to 20-30% travel, mostly to EU sites.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a solid understanding of Revionics’ core set of science services and of the science behind Revionics’ solutions.
- Execute and deliver analytical services to customers by the deadline. Examples services include Data Model Validations, Key-Value Item identification, Pricing Strategy Analysis, Promotion Performance Analysis, Market Basket Analysis, Store Zone Clustering.
- Perform forecast and demand model analysis, diagnostics and tuning using Revionics demand modeling science and tools
- Work with Price Strategy Consultants, Project Managers, Systems Engineers, and Client Partners in the delivery of projects and services.
- To extend and improve the science services using Python, SQL, and in-house software tools in collaboration with the Science Services and Development teams
What You Have and Can Do:
- Masters or Ph.D. in Operations Research, Econometrics, Statistics, Mathematics, Physical Sciences or equivalent
- Self-motivated, driven and able to work successfully in a global, distributed environment
- Familiarity with Analytics in Retail or a similar area (Supply Chain, financial, credit, etc.)
- Strong quantitative, mathematical and analytic skills and ability to understand the use of statistical solutions to business problems
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to interpret analytic results and diagnose issues using structured, data-driven methods.
- Strong data skills including experience with data validation and outlier identification methodologies
- SQL and relational databases skills (MS SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
- Excellent data visualization skills (Excel, Tableau, Bokeh, Cognos) and ability to present complex information to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and customer-facing skills
- Experience with analytical software tools (Python/SciPy (preferred), R, Matlab, Alteryx, C#, etc.)
What You Can Do to Stand Out:
- Experience in Retail or a similar industry (supply chain, financial, credit, etc.)
- Fluency in German, Russian, Spanish or other European languages
- Strong analytic scripting in Python/SciPy/NumPy
- Strong experience with Visualization Business Intelligence applications (Tableau, Bokeh, etc.)
What's in your toolbox:
- Familiarity with statistical regression and modeling techniques (least squares, maximum likelihood, Bayesian estimation.)
- Familiarity with Classification and Clustering methods (K-means, Non-hierarchical, etc.)
- Experience in software development languages tools (Python, C++, C#, Java)
- Familiarity with data load and ETL / Automation tools (Informatica, etc.)
Who We Are:
Predictive. Prescriptive. Profitable Retailing.
We provide SaaS-based pricing, promotion, markdown and space solutions. Retailers in all segments across the world adopt our self-funding model to improve top-line sales, demand, and margin. Our customers gain that competitive edge and improve their value proposition while outmaneuvering competitor price aggressiveness.
During the days of first-generation price optimization solutions, at a time where science in retail was viewed as voodoo, our founder Jeff Smith nurtured the concept that there could be a better way. He went on to form Revionics around that new-generation vision, and to this day we remain committed to his goal: To help retail businesses and everyday users solve complex pricing challenges leveraging the latest machine learning science with a completely transparent process, usable in an intuitive way that fits into retailers’ normal business flows.
Our company success is based on our 4 foundational pillars:
- A SaaS-based architecture for fast ROI
- Productized, transparent science
- Machine Learning algorithms that continue to evolve with changing market conditions and shopper behaviors for built-in future proofing
- A supportive culture focusing on both our people and customers’ well-being.
Our Core Values:
- Integrity: Be honest, dependable and complete
- Transparency: Anticipate questions and give clear, usable answers.
- Continuous Improvement: Be relentless about improvement – for ourselves and our customers
- Curiosity: Shine lights in dark corners; seek to ensure we know what we don’t know
- Accountability: Own the problem and the solution
- Dedication: Don’t stop until the numbers are right and systems are up
- Humility: Put the spotlight on our customers, not ourselves