EMEA Solution Sales (Presales)
Sales | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Revionics delivers proven End-to-End Merchandise Optimization solutions, enabling retailers of all sizes to execute a fact-based omnichannel merchandising strategy utilizing the most comprehensive set of shopper demand signals to enhance financial performance with improved customer satisfaction. Revionics’ solutions leverage advanced predictive analytics and demand-based science to ensure retailers have the right product, price, promotion, placement and space allocation for optimal results across all touch points in the omnichannel shopping episode – online, in-store, social and mobile. Offered on a scalable, high performance SaaS platform, these solutions deliver insights and recommendations at speed, scale and frequency, while providing speed-to-ROI. Over 37,000 global retail locations representing $150+B in annual revenue across grocery, drug, building materials, convenience, general merchandise, discount, sporting goods stores and eCommerce sites optimize with Revionics’ solutions. Revionics has been recognized as a Deloitte Technology Fast 500™, Red Herring Top 100 Global, Red Herring Top 100 Americas and JMP Securities’ Hot 100 Software Company. For more information, please visit www.revionics.com.
Role and Responsibilities:
Revionics has an immediate opening for Solution Sales (Presales) to support our European expansion. The successful candidate will have very persuasive presence, a tenacious personality, and experience selling enterprise-class software. This individual must also be able to collaborate on business development activities such as driving initial meetings and crafting compelling emails. A background in retail Planning & Optimization applications in general and Retail Pricing processes in particular is highly desirable.
Solution Sales takes a consultative approach to providing product, technical, industry and/or business expertise to architect and demonstrate exceptional business solutions to prospects and customers. This is an exciting, strategic role that will assist in qualifying new customer opportunities with the sales team, prepare for personalized product demonstrations, and perform the product demonstrations at prospect meetings.
Daily duties include providing technical assistance to sales services, working closely with sales account teams to assist in the development of account plans and qualification of opportunities. The individual will assist in the creation, collection and stewardship of intellectual assets to support sales and also be responsible for responding to RFIs/RFPs, performing business discovery, defining the approach, preparing demos and presentations, demonstrating the solutions, demo follow up, working with product management on any solution gaps/requirements, and working with services team for estimating the work effort in client proposals.
This individual will need to become an expert on the Revionics offering, and an expert on the pricing practices in the European retail market. Responsibilities include obtaining a solid understanding of the pricing practices of a given prospect, and being able to demonstrate how the Revionics solution would be utilized within that organization, bringing operational and financial benefits.
The Solution Sales specialist needs to be a creative problem-solver with a business and technical mind, strong presentation skills, and the ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Answer pre-sales and technical questions via email, conference calls and web presentations.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills with strength in describing technical issues to others less well versed in technology.
- Presentation, business discovery and facilitation skills along with proven excellent analytical ability will also be important.
- Experience presenting to people at all levels of the organization (from end-users to the board) would be very valuable.
- This individual needs to be a good listener, able to quickly understand the needs of a prospective client and then position the Revionics solution appropriately to meet those needs. Moreover, s/he will be responsible to provide feedback emerging from the market to the Product Strategy teams.
- Retail background including pricing, promotions, markdowns, assortment and space planning, category management and social commerce
- Experience selling Price Optimization or Price Management solutions
- Successful track record with Software-as-a-Service organizations
- A forecasting and optimization solutions background is needed to help convey the value proposition.
- Outside solution sales experience assisting with selling advanced technology to retail industry leaders
- Proficiency in European languages beyond English (e.g. German, French, Italian, etc)
Preferred Candidate Attributes:
- Highly Motivated and tenacious in the pursuit of targeted clients
- Successful self contributor with strategic opportunities
- Good listener
- Team focused
- Comfortable working in a fast-pace rapid growth environment.
- Four year college degree
- Database skills (SQL Server preferred)
- Familiarity with popular back office systems, specifically how data is housed and transferred is preferred
This individual is ideally based in London. Other locations will also be considered for suitable candidates. A high level of travel is required for this position; potentially more than 50% of the time will be spent traveling with focus on Europe. This individual may also support other global deals.