EMEA Release Management/Automation Engineer
Development | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
At Revionics, the DevOps Automation Engineer will be responsible for software and server configuration management, including supporting the tools and processes for the various aspects of the software lifecycle and hosting infrastructure. This includes the creation and use of automation for software and server deployment and management, troubleshooting applications and servers in cloud and colocation environments, maintaining the server and network configurations, and performing general system administration task on Linux and Windows servers.
You'll be part of a small but fast-paced highly-collaborative team with low egos and high output. Rock and roll as part of a 24/7 on-call rotation responding to issues and users with a global footprint and prototyping new technologies to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness. We are looking for a candidate that enjoys working with a close-knit team of professionals and does not mind remote work for extended periods.
- Deploy, monitor and optimize applications and services on the Linux and Windows server platforms
- Deploy, monitor and optimize Linux and Windows virtual servers in cloud environments as well as colocation facilities.
- Create and maintain automation routines for software and system configuration/maintenance.
- Perform maintenance and other tasks following Corporate Change Control procedures.
- 5+ years of experience in Linux, Microsoft Server 2008/2012/2016
- Experience in DevOps architecture and tools related to CI (Continuous Integration)/CD (Continuous Deployment)
- Experience with Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools such as TFS (Team Foundation Server), GIT and SVN (Subversion), including solid knowledge of code branching strategies and development workflows
- Experience with automation of the software build and release process using tools such as TFS, OctopusDeploy, and Jenkins
- Experience with builds and deployment of .NET and Java-based applications to Windows IIS and Linux Tomcat web servers
- Experience with server deployment and configuration management via scripting and/or tools like Puppet, Terraform, VMWare vRealize
- Experience in creating Windows batch, PowerShell, Linux bash shell scripts in support of server and application deployment in VMWare and commercial cloud environments
- Experience with deploying and managing Docker container-based applications
- Familiarity with smoke test automation tools like Webinject, etc
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) or Work Equivalent. Field of Study: Computer Science or MIS
Preferred Candidate Attributes:
- IT Certifications including MCITP: SA/EA, MCSA: WS 2008/2012, MCSE: SI
- Strong understanding of tools and practices in support of the software lifecycle
- Strong knowledge of deploying and supporting applications and servers in virtualized environments, such as VMware, and cloud environments, such as AWS
- Able to utilize REST and other API interfaces in applications and systems to accomplish tasks
- Personable professional with a desire to work independently in collaborative and fast-paced teams.
- Experience installing, configuring, and supporting co-location data center environments is a plus.
- Low-Ego, Action-Oriented, and Intellectually-Curious personalities highly desired.
- Drive for continuous improvement