DevOps Systems Administrator
DevOps | Austin, TX | Full Time
At Revionics, the DevOps Systems Administrator will own infrastructure technologies and be responsible for troubleshooting servers in both cloud and co-location environments, maintaining network configurations, and general Linux / Windows administration. You'll be part of a small but fast-paced highly-collaborative team with low egos and high output. Rock and roll as part of a 24/7 on-call rotation responding to issues and users with a global footprint and prototyping new technologies to increase operation efficiency and effectiveness. We are looking for a candidate that enjoys working with a close-knit team of professionals and does not mind remote work for extended periods.
Who you are:
- Monitor and optimize the performance of virtual servers running Linux and Windows in cloud environments as well as colocation facilities.
- Maintain Microsoft windows/Linux patch management and adhere to system security standards.
- Backup and recovery of OS and application information.
- Enforce server administration and systems hardening standards, policies and guidelines and develop and implement them as needs are identified.
- Creation and maintain automation routines for system configuration and maintenance
- Implement Change Tasks following the Corporate Change Control procedures.
- US Citizen or Permanent Residents (we are not sponsoring Visa's at this time)
What You Have/Can Do as a Minimum:
- Hours of Work: 4:00pm-1:00am; Monday-Friday
- 7+ years of relevant professional technical experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Linux, Microsoft Server 2008/2012/2016
- Networking Skills (VPN, DHCP, Wireless).
- Experience with VMware VCenter administration.
- Strong scripting skills (PowerShell and Python).
- Strong Linux background.
- Proficient with Windows Server administration.
- Strong troubleshooting (root cause analysis) skills and time management skills.
- Experience with and an understanding of desktop/server imaging.
- Experience working with LAN and WAN environments.
- Solid understanding of IP networking as it relates to local area and wide area networks.
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) or Work Equivalent. Field of Study: Computer Science or MIS
What You Can Do to Stand Out:
- IT Certifications including MCITP: SA/EA, MCSA: WS 2008/2012, MCSE: SI
- Strong knowledge of deploying servers and applications in virtualized environments, such as VMware, and cloud environments, such as AWS
- Able to utilize REST and other API interfaces in applications and systems to accomplish tasks
- Personable professional with a desire to work independently in collaborative and fast-paced teams.
- Experience installing, configuring, and supporting co-location datacenter environments is a plus.
What's in your tool box:
- Low-Ego, Action-Oriented, and Intellectually-Curious personalities highly desired.
- Drive for continuous improvement
Who We Are:
Predictive. Prescriptive. Profitable Retailing.
We provide SaaS-based pricing, promotion, markdown and space solutions. Retailers in all segments across the world adopt our self-funding model to improve top-line sales, demand and margin. Our customers gain that competitive edge and improve their value proposition while outmaneuvering competitor price aggressiveness.
During the days of first-generation price optimization solutions, at a time where science in retail was viewed as voodoo, our founder Jeff Smith nurtured the concept that there could be a better way. He went on to form Revionics around that new-generation vision, and to this day we remain committed to his goal: To help retail businesses and everyday users solve complex pricing challenges leveraging the latest machine learning science with a completely transparent process, usable in an intuitive way that fits into retailers’ normal business flows.
Our company success is based on our 4 foundational pillars:
- A SaaS-based architecture for fast ROI
- Productized, transparent science
- Machine Learning algorithms that continue to evolve with changing market conditions and shopper behaviors for built-in future proofing
- A supportive culture focusing on both our people and customers’ well-beinng.
Our Core Values:
- Integrity: Be honest, dependable and complete
- Transparency: Anticipate questions and give clear, usable answers.
- Continuous Improvement: Be relentless about improvement – for ourselves and our customers
- Curiosity: Shine lights in dark corners; seek to ensure we know what we don’t know
- Accountability: Own the problem and the solution
- Dedication: Don’t stop until the numbers are right and systems are up
- Humility: Put the spotlight on our customers, not ourselves