Development | Austin, TX | Full Time
Imagine a company that values your entrepreneurial spirit, gives you the ability to drive your own success, and allows you the freedom to explore creative solutions. Revionics – voted one of the Top Work Places in 2015 by the Austin American-Statesman – is looking to add new talent to our team. Immerse yourself in a company culture that prizes individuality, self-motivation, and creative thinking.
At Revionics, the DevOps Engineer will own infrastructure technologies and be responsible for installing new components, maintaining network configurations, Active Directory and configuring server hardware and equipment. You'll be part of a small but fast-paced highly-collaborative team with low egos and high output. Rock and roll as part of a 24/7 on-call rotation responding to issues and users with a global footprint and prototyping new technologies to increase operation efficiency and effectiveness.
Who You Are:
- Perform Enterprise AD Forest management in a distributed environment.
- Support server and network hardware to include upgrading RAM, replacing CPU, upgrading hard disks and SSDs. (Windows and Mac desktop environments)
- Support national and international environments.
- Maintain Microsoft windows patch management and adhere to system security standards.
- Monitor and optimize the performance of both physical and virtual servers.
- Backup and recovery of OS and application information.
- Enforce Windows Server Administration and systems hardening standards, policies and guidelines and develop and implement them as needs are identified.
- Creation and maintain automation routines for system configuration and maintenance
- Implement Change Tasks following the Corporate Change Control procedures.
- US Citizen or Permanent Residents (we are not sponsoring Visa's at this time)
What You Have/Can Do as a Minimum:
- 7+ years of relevant professional technical experience.
- 5+ years of Active Directory (Permissions, Group Policies, Authentication/ Replication).
- 5+ years of experience in Linux, Microsoft Server 2008/2012/2016
- Networking Skills (VPN, DHCP, Wireless).
- Scripting skills (PowerShell and/or Python).
- Strong Windows Server or Linux background.
- Strong troubleshooting (root cause analysis) skills and time management skills.
- Experience with and an understanding of desktop/server imaging.
- Experience working with LAN and WAN environments.
- Solid understanding of IP networking as it relates to local area and wide area networks.
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) or Work Equivalent. Field of Study: Computer Science or MIS
What You Can Do to Stand Out:
- IT Certifications including MCITP: SA/EA, MCSA: WS 2008/2012, MCSE: SI
- Strong knowledge of deploying servers and applications in on-premise virtualized environments, such as VMware, and cloud environments, such as AWS
- Able to utilize REST and other API interfaces in applications and systems to accomplish tasks
What's in Your Tool Box:
- Able to work flexible hours to include nights and weekends (24X7 environment/on a rotation)
- Personable professional with a desire to work independently in collaborative and fast-paced teams.
- Low-Ego, Action-Oriented, and Intellectually-Curious personalities highly desired.
Who We Are:
Predictive. Prescriptive. Profitable Retailing.
We provide SaaS-based pricing, promotion, markdown and space solutions. Retailers in all segments across the world adopt our self-funding model to improve top-line sales, demand and margin. Our customers gain that competitive edge and improve their value proposition while outmaneuvering competitor price aggressiveness.
During the days of first-generation price optimization solutions, at a time where science in retail was viewed as voodoo, our founder Jeff Smith nurtured the concept that there could be a better way. He went on to form Revionics around that new-generation vision, and to this day we remain committed to his goal: To help retail businesses and everyday users solve complex pricing challenges leveraging the latest machine learning science with a completely transparent process, usable in an intuitive way that fits into retailers’ normal business flows.
Our company success is based on our 4 foundational pillars:
- A SaaS-based architecture for fast ROI
- Productized, transparent science
- Machine Learning algorithms that continue to evolve with changing market conditions and shopper behaviors for built-in future proofing
- A supportive culture focusing on both our people and customers’ well-beinng.
Our Core Values:
- Integrity: Be honest, dependable and complete
- Transparency: Anticipate questions and give clear, usable answers.
- Continuous Improvement: Be relentless about improvement – for ourselves and our customers
- Curiosity: Shine lights in dark corners; seek to ensure we know what we don’t know
- Accountability: Own the problem and the solution
- Dedication: Don’t stop until the numbers are right and systems are up
- Humility: Put the spotlight on our customers, not ourselves