Dev DBA | Austin, TX | Full Time
Imagine a company that values your entrepreneurial spirit, gives you the ability to drive your own success and allows you the freedom to explore creative solutions. Revionics voted one of the Top Work Places in 2017 by the Austin American-Statesman – is looking to add new talent to our team. Immerse yourself in a company culture that prizes individuality, self-motivation, and creative thinking.
Who You Are:
- Like to solve complex problems and troubleshoot issues quickly
- Passion for learning and understanding new concepts and technologies
- Have pride in the quality and timeliness of your work
- Know when to escalate cases, including deriving outcomes that resolve the tactical and some strategic resolution
- Address service outages as they occur, including after hours and weekends
- Configure database monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
- Baseline system performance and monitor for deviation, recommending and implementing improvements to slow running queries
- When performance issues arise, you'll figure out the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- See the importance of tracking/following-up on tasks/issues with attention to detail and order
- Highly motivated, focused, energetic, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm for automation of database maintenance and monitoring tasks
What's in Your Tool Box:
- Bachelor's Degree
- SQL Server database experience (2008+) and/or MongoDB database experience (3.0+)
- Knowledge of SQL Server and/or MongoDB operating principles and methodology
- Understanding or experience in relational databases
- Experience tuning queries to improve performance
- Previous experience in production environments and being on-call
- Experience building and maintaining documentation
- Storage and server hardware knowledge a plus
- Linux experience a plus
Who We Are:
Predictive. Prescriptive. Profitable Retailing.
We provide SaaS-based pricing, promotion, markdown and space solutions. Retailers in all segments across the world adopt our self-funding model to improve top-line sales, demand, and margin. Our customers gain that competitive edge and improve their value proposition while outmaneuvering competitor price aggressiveness.
During the days of first-generation price optimization solutions, at a time where science in retail was viewed as voodoo, our founder Jeff Smith nurtured the concept that there could be a better way. He went on to form Revionics around that new-generation vision, and to this day we remain committed to his goal: To help retail businesses and everyday users solve complex pricing challenges leveraging the latest machine learning science with a completely transparent process, usable in an intuitive way that fits into retailers’ normal business flows.
Our company success is based on our 4 foundational pillars:
- A SaaS-based architecture for fast ROI
- Productized, transparent science
- Machine Learning algorithms that continue to evolve with changing market conditions and shopper behaviors for built-in future proofing
- A supportive culture focusing on both our people and customers’ well-being
Our Core Values:
- Integrity: Be honest, dependable and complete
- Transparency: Anticipate questions and give clear, usable answers.
- Continuous Improvement: Be relentless about improvement – for ourselves and our customers
- Curiosity: Shine lights in dark corners; seek to ensure we know what we don’t know
- Accountability: Own the problem and the solution
- Dedication: Don’t stop until the numbers are right and systems are up
- Humility: Put the spotlight on our customers, not ourselves