Internal Application: Business Analyst
Product Management | Austin, TX | Full Time
Revionics is the leading provider of SaaS-based pricing, promotion, markdown and space solutions is seeking an energetic, data-driven Business Analyst. This position will be reporting to the Product Manager (PI & Analytics), the Revionics Business Analyst role contributes to the organization in many capacities, with the priority being the creation, maintenance, and communication of detailed, high-quality requirements to help drive new releases in the development of Revionics Life Cycle Price Optimization solutions.
Who you are:
- Become a subject matter expert in assigned areas of responsibility through active participation in strategy, design, and development team meetings and hands-on product usage
- Work closely with both internal and external sources to groom and maintain thorough, accurate, and detailed product requirements and use-cases/stories
- Support product and service teams with deep data analyses and support analytical exploration projects
- Communicate strategic business vision and requirements from product managers into lower-level tactical requirements for the development team
- Translate technical questions/issues from the development team into language that both internal and external stakeholders will understand
- Proactively engage the appropriate internal and external stakeholders with questions or to validate design either through wireframes or product demonstrations
- Own the quality of the product being developed through quality assurance procedures
- Attend daily scrum, weekly sustaining engineering, and bi-weekly sprint reviews
- Assist product manager by providing input during roadmap planning, release scoping, and product release communications
- Act as a proxy for the Product Manager as needed
What you Have/Can Do as a Minimum:
- Two+ years’ experience as a product-oriented Business Analyst working with Analytical and Big Data software, preferably related to the retail industry
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related subject, with an emphasis on writing and communication skills
- Basic data querying and exploration skills (Excel, SQL, Tableau etc.)
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle, preferably in an Agile development environment, and the use of enterprise-level collaboration, version control, and bug/case tracking software and procedures
- Familiarity with enterprise / business-to-business SaaS software
- Knowledgeable in product management and requirements management processes
- Knowledge and experience in Web applications, HTML, XML, CSS, and Business Intelligence reporting
- Self-starter, competent at working independently with minimal supervision
- Strong investigative/research/interview orientation and skills
What you can Do to Stand Out:
- Retail experience with emphasis in price optimization.
- Data analysis experience working with large datasets and visualization tools
- Location preference in Austin, TX
Who We Are:
Predictive. Prescriptive. Profitable Retailing.
We provide SaaS-based pricing, promotion, markdown and space solutions. Retailers in all segments across the world adopt our self-funding model to improve top-line sales, demand, and margin. Our customers gain that competitive edge and improve their value proposition while outmaneuvering competitor price aggressiveness.
During the days of first-generation price optimization solutions, at a time where science in retail was viewed as voodoo, our founder Jeff Smith nurtured the concept that there could be a better way. He went on to form Revionics around that new-generation vision, and to this day we remain committed to his goal: To help retail businesses and everyday users solve complex pricing challenges leveraging the latest machine learning science with a completely transparent process, usable in an intuitive way that fits into retailers’ normal business flows.
Our company success is based on our 4 foundational pillars:
- A SaaS-based architecture for fast ROI
- Productized, transparent science
- Machine Learning algorithms that continue to evolve with changing market conditions and shopper behaviors for built-in future proofing
- A supportive culture focusing on both our people and customers’ well-being.
Our Core Values:
- Integrity: Be honest, dependable and complete
- Transparency: Anticipate questions and give clear, usable answers.
- Continuous Improvement: Be relentless about improvement – for ourselves and our customers
- Curiosity: Shine lights in dark corners; seek to ensure we know what we don’t know
- Accountability: Own the problem and the solution
- Dedication: Don’t stop until the numbers are right and systems are up
- Humility: Put the spotlight on our customers, not ourselves