Writer - I
Content Services | Cottage Grove, MN | Part Time
ResortsandLodges.com® is a comprehensive online resource for leisure travel with access to unique accommodations worldwide. The site provides the ability to plan and book memorable experiences at resorts, vacation rentals, cabins, holiday rentals, villas, condos, cottages, lodges, boutique hotels, B&B's and vacation hotels.
Founded in 1998, ResortsandLodges.com was one of the first major leisure travel sites established on the Internet. Over the years, ResortsandLodges.com has received numerous awards and accolades for web design, outstanding usability, fast page loading speeds, and skillful information display.
Researches, writes and edits content in order to maintain the highest quality standards and ensure client satisfaction. Stays abreast of current industry standards and techniques to ensure effective content that achieves the organization's goals.
- Research, write, edit and maintain different types of content (place descriptions, listing and banner advertisements, top 10 lists, articles, blog entries, etc.) for brands owned or affiliated with TravelNet Solutions.
- Ensure all content meets established standards and style guidelines.
- Review and edit all content changes submitted from advertising customers within content management system.
- Work well with Designers, Graphic Producers, Video Editors and Videographers to ensure cohesiveness among all content, photo and video assets.
- Interview clients as necessary to assist in writing assignments.
- Effectively manage and document all account activity (Phone Calls, Faxes, Emails, etc.) using contact relationship management (CRM) solution.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Demonstrate ability to successfully write for a variety of styles.
- Demonstrate ability to overcome obstacles, and strive to improve skills and achieve goals.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Internet.
- Comfortable working in web-based systems.
- Knowledge of journalism and ability to effectively interview, transpose and accurately distill information to its most salient points.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the travel and hospitality industry.
- Ability to develop and/or adhere to writing standards and suggest new ideas to make team more successful.
- Positive attitude coupled with a great work ethic is a must.
- To understand, implement and follow thru with your daily work according to the Brand Values and Personality traits adopted by the company.
- Experience in Travel and/or Advertising industries