IT/Development | Cottage Grove, MN
ResortsandLodges.com is the most comprehensive travel site for resort and lodge destinations worldwide. We are an established, growing Internet company with a successful track record. Our fun, energetic culture is a place where talented people can have a meaningful career and truly have an impact on our business.
Our strong success has been more than a decade in the making. A first generation travel site originally founded in 1998 was ResortsandLodges.com which would be the vehicle for tremendous growth in the following years.
Built with a grant from NASA, Michigan State University, & Polyphasic - ResortsandLodges.com was a early test vehicle to a global content management system and a new friend to the world wide web. The site quickly gained popularity with millions of consumers and thousands of advertisers.
With exciting data at our fingertips we began a tremendous transition in 2004 - from a single travel site to a diversified, platform company that would scale much larger. Looking ahead, we plan to pursue top talent and infrastructure which offer a significant growth strategy for our audience, advertisers, investors, employees and revenues.
About the Position
ResortsandLodges.com is looking to hire Software Engineers that not only love web/mobile application development, but also have a passion for business. At our company you will have an opportunity to work with a variety of products and technologies:
- CMS powered by Mongo DB, Zend Framework and jQuery for publishing large-scale directory based websites
- CRM powered by MySQL and Zend Framework
- Members Social Platform powered by Mongo DB, Zend Framework and jQuery
- Industry Leading Advertising Tracking Platform with Booking Reports
- Call Tracking, Call Recording, Reverse Proxies and Big Data
- Online Booking Engine developed using LAMP stack
- ETL and Business Intelligence tools (BIRT, Kettle and InfniDB)
- Advanced Google Analytics, E-commerce
- SendGrid, Amazon EC2, S3 and RDS
- And more...
If you are someone who cares about:
- Being setup to succeed
- Learning new things
- Exercising creativity and solving the right kind of problems
- Having a voice
- Being recognized for hard work
- Developing without an Act of Congress
- Building something that truly matters
- Having a flexible schedule with the ability to telecommute occassionaly
Then you are the type of candidate we would like to interview.
- Design, develop, test, document and maintain object-oriented web-based applications using primarily the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) architecture.
Ensure all development activities meet or exceed established standards/style guidelines make sure all code is modular, reusable and maintainable.
- Code Reviews
- Create new standards and style guidelines as necessary
- Work with internal or external end-users to develop accurate business requirements and test plans for all web-based applications.
- Manage, repair and document all bug activity within bug tracking solution to help end users complete testing on all web-based applications.
- Work with internal constituencies to develop and maintain realistic project plans (objectives/tasks, scope and resources) for all development projects.
- May contribute to designing, developing, and maintaining technical help manuals for all web applications.
- Help develop and implement plans to obtain and maintain a high level of functionality, usability and design structure for all web-based applications.
- Help develop and maintain integrated plans for the organization’s major systems, based on management goals and priorities; participate in the establishment of the related policies, directions and standards.
- Work in collaboration with internal and external constituencies at all levels of the organization in delivering development objectives.
- May guide and coordinate the activities of junior level developers and/or technical staff when necessary.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Ability to gain knowledge of core systems and technologies (Amazon EC2, Zend Framework, jQuery, etc.).
- General Linux Administration skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to quickly adapt to new technologies and concepts in an evolving business environment.
- Ability to gain knowledge of industry standards and best practices for web application development.
- Ability to gain knowledge of all internal and external applications/frameworks/systems which support company.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of Internet and online media.
- Positive attitude coupled with a great work ethic is a must.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse organization.
- Ability to communicate, manage and deliver projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to gain knowledge of current developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Ability to estimate and complete projects in support of company and department goals.
- Demonstrate ability to overcome obstacles, and strive to improve skills and achieve goals.
- Ability to gain knowledge of the travel and hospitality industries.
- Experience in Travel and/or Advertising industries
- Experience with ETL and Business Intelligence tools (BIRT, Kettle and InfniDB)
- Knowledge of Java
- Experience with Amazon EC2, S3 and RDS
- Experience with MongoDB with Doctrine ODM