Sales Development Representative
Sales | Cottage Grove, MN | Full Time
ResortsandLodges.com® is a comprehensive online resource for leisure travel with access to unique accommodations worldwide. The site provides the ability to plan and book memorable experiences at resorts, vacation rentals, cabins, holiday rentals, villas, condos, cottages, lodges, boutique hotels, B&B's and vacation hotels.
Founded in 1998, ResortsandLodges.com was one of the first major leisure travel sites established on the Internet. Over the years, ResortsandLodges.com has received numerous awards and accolades for web design, outstanding usability, fast page loading speeds, and skillful information display.
Targets potential clients through market research and outbound calls to prospect new software, website, and advertising accounts to fill Regional Account Managers sales pipelines. Ability to handle outbound calls in a high volume This role will work with high outbound call volume. Advertising and/or technology experience or a related area is required. Bachelor's degree preferred. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Through outbound calls, builds a strong pipeline of current and future clients for assigned Regional Account Managers to ensure new customer acquisition goals are met.
- Initiate, Develop and Maintain high value-added, loyal relationships with advertising, website, software accounts for Regional Account Managers.
- Develops relationships with prospects to begin the process of acquiring new accounts and grow assigned regions
- Continually strives to meet or exceed daily metrics (Number of Phone Calls, Number of Demos set).
- Required to set 20 demos per week.
- Attend required sales trainings each week for continued skill improvement and professional growth.
- Continually seeks new ways to improve overall sales and marketing skills by studying current and future trends of travel and hospitality industry
- Execute company sales projects as necessary
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Business or an equivalent field or discipline; 0 - 2 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Demonstrate ability to successfully hit or exceed set metrics on a consistent basis.
- Demonstrate persistence, ability to overcome obstacles, and strive to improve skills and achieve goals.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Internet advertising; knowledge of the travel and hospitality industry a plus.
- Ability to quickly understand and implement critical sales principles and techniques taught by sales management.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude coupled with a great work ethic is a must.
- Ability to develop and/or adhere to sales standards and suggest new ideas to make team more successful
- Sales Development Representative → Account Executive → Regional Account Manager