Finance | Cottage Grove, MN | Full Time
Position Title: Accounting Specialist
Reports To: Finance/Accounting Manager
This position assists with and supports the Finance Department and Accounting Manager by performing account payable functions, including but not limited to, receipt of accounts payable, obtaining payment approval, entering account payable and subsequent payment of such items; and other tasks, as well as a variety of administrative functions and routines. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, executing accounting tasks and strategies for our company and performing day-to- day financial activities.
Individual will be tasked with providing support to the financial department to find discrepancies in billing, payroll, and expenses, and must have strong problem-solving skills to find innovative solutions to save company time, resources and reduce expenses.
Strict privacy guidelines to protect confidentiality and help organize accounting procedures and prioritize deadlines to ensure that important documents are correct and kept confidential. Should work well in a team setting with other billing team members and/or accounting specialists to achieve all objectives in a timely manner. Attention to detail is a must.
Requires a Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Prior experience with QuickBooks Enterprise is highly beneficial. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks when needed or requested.
Performs a variety of tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and enter Account Payable items
- Manage various forms of accounting data, such as that related to accounts payable and accounts receivable; enter received bills and disburse payment of those bills according to the due dates specified
- Processes documents related to expenses, such as auditing expense reports and disbursement of related expense checks.
- Invoice sales generated by the sales team using our CRM for all products, pricing, types, discounts and terms of sale.
- Create/post credit memos and payments to customer accounts upon receipt or as directed.
- Create and send customer account statements and Payment Reminders monthly, or as needed.
- Contribute to maintenance of accounting data and provide support as needed to accounting department.
- Generate and prepare various sales reports as requested.
- Prepare and send all necessary Sales reports and Account Receivable Aging reports to appropriate managers.
- Conduct weekly or as needed, audits of financial reports (deferred revenue, sales, etc.)
- Perform Quality Assurance on accounts, campaigns, and orders in CRM, to ensure accuracy prior to invoicing
Minimum Job Requirements
Must hold these qualities above all others: Confidentiality, trustworthiness, reliability, integrity, and ability to be impartial and objective
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or 3+ years of experience in Finance or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communications skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel
- Strict Confidentiality of all accounting and business matters is required
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to the business model
- Demonstrate ability to be a self-starter as well as a team player
- Ability to plan, organize and deliver projects on a timely basis
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on requests, reporting, etc.
- Excellent, effective oral and written communication skills
- Character strengths: flexibility, self-control, humility, and sense of team
- Able to work collaboratively on a variety of projects or tasks
- Ability to be flexible and willing to problem solve
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Accounting
- Previous experience with related CRM system preferred
- Positive attitude coupled with a great work ethic is a must
Our Vision: To deliver a wide range of innovative solutions that help hospitality companies create world-class experiences with the guest.
Our Mission: To level the playing field for hospitality properties, so together we may provide memorable experiences to travelers throughout the world.
Core Values: Our Values reflect the behaviors that shape the tone of how we work with each other and with our partners.
Serve: Considering people’s point of view is something we strive for in every aspect of our work. We look to serve others.
Take Ownership: We all act like owners, treating the Company’s assets as our own and behaving with the Company’s long-term success in mind. No excuses, no blame. We get the job done. We take pride in owning our destiny...and empowering others to own theirs.
Integrity: We always try to do the right thing. We are honest and straightforward with each other.
Create the Future: Continued innovation allows us to push the envelope for the travel and hospitality industry. We are determined to create a wide range of products and services, providing world-class experiences for guests and properties.
Have Passion For Winning: We have a healthy dissatisfaction with the status quo. Discipline, drive, and work ethic to always put our customers, our people, and our company in a position to win.
ResortsandLodges.com® is a comprehensive online resource for leisure travel with access to unique accommodations worldwide. The site provides the ability to plan and book memorable experiences at resorts, vacation rentals, cabins, holiday rentals, villas, condos, cottages, lodges, boutique hotels, B&B’s and vacation hotels. Founded in 1998, the website was one of the first major leisure travel sites established online, and has received numerous awards and accolades for web design, outstanding usability, fast page loading speeds, and skillful information display.
ResortsandLodges.com® For Business puts today’s vacation properties in front of millions of travelers annually using comprehensive business listing techniques and strategic digital content marketing. Our team of industry experts manages Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Pay-Per-Click Advertising (PPC), Display and Banner Advertising, Email Marketing Automation, and Drip Email Marketing for properties across North America. In addition to these managed services, ResortsandLodges also has a dedicated website development and implementation team, giving independent properties a comprehensive suite of services to choose from to gain brand dominance over their competition.
TRACK™ Hospitality Software is a leading all-in-one cloud communication platform for lodging companies. It provides TRACK Pulse, the first Cloud Voice, Email, Text, Chat and now Secure Messaging platform built specifically for the needs of independent Hotels, Resorts and Vacation Rental Management Companies. In addition TRACK offers a suite of consulting and professional services to help reservations, sales, marketing and revenue teams increase conversions and customer delight. For a free demo visit www.trackhs.com.