Property Management | Bethesda, MD | Full Time
Headquartered in the Washington, DC region, Resolution Capitol Management is a 3rd party asset management provider for commercial real estate owners and investors across the United States. We offer a sophisticated and detailed approach to asset and property management by adding value to all aspects of a commercial real estate investment.
As the Property Accountant, you will be responsible for all accounting and bookkeeping related duties for an existing portfolio located throughout the Mid-Atlantic, as well as any additional properties awarded through 3rd-party business. The current portfolio consists of office, multi-family, mixed-use, warehouse and shopping center/retail with a market value close to $100,000,000.
While the company is a startup venture, we are anchored by seasoned real estate professionals with decades of experience and a deep network within the region. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Property Accountant to come into an organization on the ground floor. As the Company’s first hire on the accounting team, the Property Accountant will benefit from the stability of an existing portfolio early on with limitless growth possibilities in the immediate future. The right candidate will have an impact on the organization on day one with the flexibility to make this position their own.
- Responsible for all day-to-day accounting operations of the properties in the portfolio as well as other corporate or related entities.
- Maintain the general ledger for each property and the core business.
- Responsible for all steps related to the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable process.
- Prepare and analyze scheduled and ad hoc accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports.
- Oversee all operating accounts and banking relationships. Reconcile bank accounts on a monthly basis.
- Abstract all tenant leases to ensure that all rents are collected when due and posted in a timely manner. On a weekly basis, review the aged AP and Delinquency reports to assure all accounts payable and collection efforts are handled according to owner’s policy.
- Work with the Senior Property Manager or 3rd party vendors on all lease administration duties and ensure that all tenant CAM estimates and reconciliations are satisfied on an accurate and timely basis.
- Assist in annual financial statement audits and the preparation of local, state, and federal tax returns with outside accounting firms.
- File required tax forms with federal, state and local government agencies.
- With the Senior Property Manager, prepare monthly and quarterly reporting packages and annual budgets and reforecasts. Present the reports to the asset manager and/or owner and be able to diligently respond to any questions or concerns.
- Help coordinate insurance requirements at each property for owners, tenants, and vendors.
- Work closely with the Senior Property Manager in the implementation, transition to and upkeep of the accounting software. Familiarity with Yardi or Appfolio a plus but not required. The Property Accountant will play an integral part in the transition of current properties onto the platform.
- Gain familiarity with accounting requirements of each property and client to ensure that all reporting requirements are satisfied on an accurate and timely basis.
- Initiate and implement policies, procedures and other best practices to the Resolution Capital Management platform.
- Other general accounting and corporate duties as they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a concentration in accounting or finance preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of commercial property accounting experience.
- Experience with commercial lease administration and CAM calculations and reconciliations.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting as it relates to real estate.
- Experience with financial reporting and collaboration with property management and asset management professionals as well as direct owners.
- Multi-family or mixed-use experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with joint-venture accounting and waterfall distributions.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness and eagerness to take on other responsibilities within the organization, if necessary.
- Maintains a positive attitude with exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience overseeing sensitive information for a family office or high net worth individuals.
- Continually improves our firm's accounting and corporate processes to ensure efficiency.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated to grow personally and help grow the organization.