VP of Operations and Finance
Executive | Scottsdale, AZ | Full Time
Who We Are
Remarkable Health is a growth-stage software company headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ.
At Remarkable Health, we develop software that helps Behavioral Health providers and businesses automate administrative, clinical and billing tasks so they can focus on what is most important: providing effective care by spending more time with patients and less time at a computer screen.
Our vision is to create the best-in-class success software platform for behavioral health organizations. We are building out our team of A-players and looking for ambitious and enthusiastic people that share our values.
Our company is at a once in a decade inflection point because we are building exciting new software and data-focused solutions for customers in the massive and quickly evolving market of US healthcare.
We are growing fast, and we need people who strive to not only do great, but also do Good.
Remarkable Health is honored to be recognized by BestCompaniesAZ as one of the Best Arizona Companies of 2017!
What This Role is About
The Vice President of Operations and Finance will lead the Business Operations and Finance teams in our organization. A successful and impactful individual in this role will be on a fast track to stepping into the Chief Operations or Chief Financial Officer role.
- Responsible for managing and delivering company results on a day-to-day basis acting as right hand to CEO
- Design, implement, and oversee company-wide management by-objectives (MBO) processes
- Implement metrics and other accountability frameworks to drive a higher level of focus and accountability
- Identify opportunities to save money, create business value and drive prioritized projects to completion
- Lead strategic internal operational projects
- Lead all preparation for and development of materials for quarterly Board of Directors meeting
- Participate in and lead all Board of Directors meetings alongside CEO
- Lead monthly, quarterly and annual financial books close processes to produce accurate and timely financial statements and reports
- Lead, manage and coach the finance team (internal team and/or external outsourced partners) on general accounting practices and processes
- Review reports and processes surrounding cash balances, collections and revenue, accounts payable, journal entries, trend analysis and reconciliations
- Lead and manage all Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) workstreams, including budgeting and forecasting (rolling and static)
- Serve as the legal and contract owner and appropriately manage risk of the business
- Manage all aspects of the annual outside audit
- Drive continuous improvement efforts for the accounting and finance functions to include review, recommendation, and implementation of processes, and software to create efficiencies.
- Analyze spending trends and look for opportunities to streamline and eliminate costs
- Oversee processes such as payroll, 401(k) reconciliations, commission programs, employee expense reports and budgets
- Build a high performing team
Who We’re Looking For
- A visionary who influences exceptional performance, who can execute and deliver results
- A driver of our culture who can lead, mentor and develop a team of A-Players
- An executor that can filter ideas and translate high level strategy into actionable plans
- An intellectual with the ability to approach situations thoughtfully and creatively
- A proven ability to hold all organization leaders accountable (including the CEO)
- A highly organized individual with a self-directed business style, coupled with a strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple functions
- A collaborative, energetic self-starter
- A leader who Gets Sh*t Done and embraces the “Get More Done with Less” philosophy
- Substantial experience in Finance and/or Accounting with 3+ years in a leadership role
- Bachelors Degree required, MBA highly desired
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- A Microsoft Excel Jedi who understands sophisticated formulas, pivots and macros
- Ability to use all aspects of Accounting software
- Strong project management skills
- A solid leadership presence and high Emotional IQ
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Healthcare and/or SaaS experience preferred
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurance and 401k
- Unlimited vacation; work hard, play hard!
- 9 company recognized holidays, and a floating one of your choice
- Free snacks and drinks
- Relatively casual dress
- Adjustable standing desks and office treadmill desks
- The fun and collaborative culture of a start-up with the stability of a seasoned organization
- The opportunity to participate in quarterly service events to give back to the community
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.