Senior Software Developer
Engineering | Scottsdale, AZ | Full Time
Who are We?
Remarkable Health is a growing Scottsdale, AZ based software company. Our success is imprinted with our core values which includes successful relationships, empowering people to become the best version of themselves, continuous improvement focused, solutions based environment and practicing everyday leadership.
Our software helps Behavioral Health and Human Service groups automate administrative and billing tasks so the providers can focus on helping more people and spend less time behind a computer screen. We are building out our team and looking for both ambitious and enthusiastic partners that share our values and interest in being part of something bigger than any one person.
Remarkable Health is honored to be recognized by BestCompaniesAZ as one of the 100 Best Arizona Companies of 2017! Check out our company profile page on the 100 Best website: https://lnkd.in/eKFz2Ah
Hear from other team members - check out our GlassDoor reviews: http://bit.ly/29qBen7
We are proud to be featured in this article - 17 Companies That Are as Great as Google (and Hiring Now!): https://www.themuse.com/
What’s This Role About?
You are committed to delivering the best possible customer experience, value software engineering practices and never forget about scalability and reusability when designing code. You love to learn, you’re scrappy, and are a well-grounded team leader. You have true-geek creativity, a desire to mentor, and the ability to communicate with non-geek humans. You have creative vision and technical know-how to help drive the success of the CT|One product.
Who We’re Looking For
- Highly intellectual with the ability to approach situations creatively?
- Cool, calm and collected when faced with difficult defects with the ability to be open minded about how you approach solutions?
- Patient with nerves of steel like Superman when faced with multiple projects, issues and deadlines?
- A planner by nature that recognizes software development is not just coding?
- Highly organized, with a self-directed business style, coupled with a strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple functions?
- Highly collaborative, highlight energetic and a self-starter?
- Eager to join a team focused on product innovation and improvement?
- An outstanding communicator with a strong ability to articulate with confidence?
- Highly motivated in situations that require sound determination and the ability to work through issues of high complexity?
If you see yourself in these qualities, then this is the role for you!
What You Will Be Doing
We are looking for someone to help us:
- Design and build a new platform
- Understand our current applications and business.
- Develop features in all areas within our applications, including collaboration in requirements definition, prototyping, designing, coding, and testing.
- Participate in the team’s effort to define plans for standardizing, scaling, and enhancing our products and services, including DevOps to cloud hosted infrastructure.
- Investigate, analyze and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications.
- Care deeply about the product, understanding the trade-offs between quality, performance, and time to ship.
- Jump into the MERN tech stack and assist with defining development and deployment standards, especially within a Node.js API service.
What You Need
We need you to have:
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineer developing comprehensive, compartmentalized, and efficient applications.
- Strong knowledge in the MERN tech stack. Primarily focused on Node.js API development.
- Expertise in multiple modern programming languages across multiple platforms and systems (Node.js, React, Angular2, Vault, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, GitHub, etc.).
- Open source technology experience.
- Comfortable with full development stack, but tend to focus on backend and API development.
- Familiar with NoSql databases, specifically Mongo DB.
- SQL Server, including stored procedures and relational DB design.
- Object-oriented programming.
- Unit testing frameworks.
- Experience in SaaS architectures.
- Proficiency developing and troubleshooting complex, scalable, and efficient software systems.
- Understanding of project cycles, development environments, and source control techniques.
- Strong problem solving skills; ability to replicate, diagnose and resolve problems.
- Ability to analyze, design, and implement solutions within the given timeframes.
- Strong ability to read and comprehend functional and technical specifications.
It’s a plus for you to have:
- Experience working in a startup technology company.
- Experience working in the healthcare EMR industry.
- Experience in the migrating legacy applications to a web N-tier architecture.
- Experience in building mobile applications.
- Data Exchange technologies (HL7, Mirth).
- Familiar with Analytics or BI technology implementation.
What We Offer
- We’ve got your benefits! Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401k
- 9 company recognized holidays, and a floating one of your choice!
- Free snacks and drinks (Everyone loves the Peanut M&Ms!)
- Relatively casual dress code (Want to wear jeans to work? Go for it!)
- Adjustable standing desks and an office treadmill (Because, who really wants to sit all day?)
- The fun and collaborative culture of a start-up with the stability of a seasoned organization (We really are REMARKABLE!)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.